False Detection Recordings and Alerts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-23 14:42:13 - last edited 2022-06-24 16:05:43
Tags: #Area Intrusion

Hey,

I'm trying the performance of C310 V1 FW 1.1.12 pointing to a street. I'm getting a lot of false alerts and recordings, wasting sd memory space with no relevant recording.

What I tried:

1) Changing Motion Detect Area excluding no interest area. Detection Level to Low. 

No luck. 

2) Motion Detect Off. Trying only Area Intrusion and adding just a small area for test

No luck. 

Example:

Here attached examples videos

Can this camera avoid this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:False Detection Recordins and Alerts-Solution
2022-06-24 16:05:29 - last edited 2022-06-24 16:08:52

Update:

1) After disabling AI Detection now the camera works much better, minimizing falses detections and imrpoving the perfomance a lot. Now more than 95% of videos have recordings as expected:

Test Configuration: Only Area Intrusion is Enabled

With the following result videos:

These are much closer to what I was expecting.

But there are a lot of different videos with the same miniature like this (I'm using Tapo_Trial 16):

And this:

2) When an Area Intrusion is triggered some of recorded videos has "latency" or it is delayed like the following examples:

Test Detection Areas:

Some videos with delayed detection:

Some videos with good detection:

This delay can cause a fast source that triggers an Area Intrusion to not show up on the recording as sometimes happens when a car drives over the yellow perimeter on the street. Those are the 5% of the videos. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:False Detection Recordins and Alerts
2022-06-23 14:56:27 - last edited 2022-06-23 22:38:18

I didn't realize I had Camera Manipulation Enabled. Turned Off, and testing again... 

Options
2022-06-23 15:02:51 - last edited 2022-06-23 22:29:05

No change. Still getting false detection recordings with movement outside of the selected area.

Options
2022-06-23 22:25:36

Ok. After some hours testing I have more than 400 videos, 40% of them are real area intrusion, 60% are false triggers. I tested Cross Line feature with the same poor results. It seems that this C310 model it is not suitable for this frown  Too bad because I had thought to have only Tapo cameras and only one app in my phone.

Any comment or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Options
Re:False Detection Recordins and Alerts-Solution
2022-06-24 16:05:29 - last edited 2022-06-24 16:08:52

Update:

1) After disabling AI Detection now the camera works much better, minimizing falses detections and imrpoving the perfomance a lot. Now more than 95% of videos have recordings as expected:

Test Configuration: Only Area Intrusion is Enabled

With the following result videos:

These are much closer to what I was expecting.

But there are a lot of different videos with the same miniature like this (I'm using Tapo_Trial 16):

And this:

2) When an Area Intrusion is triggered some of recorded videos has "latency" or it is delayed like the following examples:

Test Detection Areas:

Some videos with delayed detection:

Some videos with good detection:

This delay can cause a fast source that triggers an Area Intrusion to not show up on the recording as sometimes happens when a car drives over the yellow perimeter on the street. Those are the 5% of the videos. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-28 01:36:11

Hello  @Bica 

Thank you for the feedback, to reduce the false alerts, please check some tips here in FAQ here to reduce unwanted detection activities

How to reduce motion detections from rain,snow or insects

•  Confirm Tapo camera firmware and Tapo APP are both up to date

•  Adjust Activity Zone and avoid the area that has frequent movements e,g. leaves waving in the wind

• Double-check if there is any movement or change of light in the triggered motion detection video clips,  motion detection could be triggered at the time when the camera captures an image change caused by moving objects or change of light.

•  Set Camera Sensitivity to Low

•  Turn on AI Detection (Person Detection) and deactivate other Motion Detection settings if the camera supports AI Detection

• Avoid pointing camera to public busy streets or roads, adjust the angle or location of camera 

Options
2022-06-28 02:33:43

@Solla-topee 

In my case AI Detection was causing a lot of false detections. Things started to improve after disabling it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 757

Replies: 6

Tags

Area Intrusion
Related Articles