Missing video miniature in the activity log

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 00:04:23 - last edited 2022-06-27 00:08:36
Tags: #Area Intrusion

Camera: C310 V1 1.1.12

Tapo_Trial (16)

I have only Area Intrusion enabled but in the activity log there are some orange marks without its miniature video:

Is the miniature video for that log activity missing? There is also no Area Intrusion cyan mark. 

Why are there orange marks if I have Motion Detection option disabled?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Missing video miniature in the activity log
2022-06-27 22:52:43

Another example. Last video showed: 18:47:26. After that, all the orange marks do not have their video thumbnail.

Options
2022-06-28 01:27:35

Hello @Bica 

Thank you for the feedback. As my understanding, with Motion Detection OFF, and only  Area Intrusion ON, there should be only Area Intrusion Detection video clips. 

• Please check if you  set camera on Home/Away mode and have different motion detection settings in Home/Away mode. 
  • Ensure Tapo device firmware & Tapo APP are both up to date. 

The last suggestion is to factory reset the camera to clear the old settings, and reconfigure the camera in Tapo APP and see if the same persists. 

If still the same, can you help take a photo of Motion Detection/ Area Intrusion  ON/OFF Settings? May I know the Tapo APP version (2.8.16 is the latest for Andriod), model of phone and its Android or IOS version? 

Options
2022-06-28 02:19:50 - last edited 2022-06-28 22:36:52

@Solla-topee

Thank you for answer.

I'm not using any Home/Away mode, anyway I checked and disabled all configuration there.

Unfortunately now I can't reach the camera due to where it is located outside, so I can't reset it using the internal button.

I'm using Tapo_Trial 2.8.16 for Android

Phone: Samsung S20FE Android 12

Area Intrusion Configuration:

The other detection options are all disabled. I'm getting better results using only Intrusion Area

Options
2022-06-28 22:29:00 - last edited 2022-06-28 22:54:54

Here another case. A lot of orange marks without any miniature and no cyan marks for Intrusion Area

Despite those orange marks, all listed videos are only marked for Intrusion Area, the only detection option that it is enabled:

@Solla-topee 

I checked Home/Away and all detections options are disabled for both modes too. It seems that for some reason (bug?) motion detection remains active despite being disabled from all options. Since I can't reach the camera I used Method two to reset it (Removing the camera from the Tapo app)

Options
2022-06-29 02:32:35

Hello  @Bica 

Thank you very much for more test! I will check with our team about your finding with recording first. 

The official APP has been released, you could update to the latest version in the Google play or app store and uninstall the beta. 

Options
2022-06-29 14:53:07

@Solla-topee 

Here another issue. When the day changes, all cyan marks turned orange despite all videos are marked cyan:

I have not tried last official release yet

Options
2022-06-30 01:07:23

Hello @Bica 

Thank you for further feedback, to better assist with your case, we created a support email TKID220630942 and escalate it to our seniors, please check your email inbox. Thank  you. 

Options
2022-07-01 19:04:50

@Solla-topee 

Ok. Still wating for the new release in Google Play

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 526

Replies: 8

Tags

Area Intrusion