Multiple (remote) tapo cameras connecting to NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-03 15:50:28 - last edited 2022-07-04 01:30:56
Tags: #ONVIF/RTSP #nas
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

Hi there,

I am using my NAS to connec to remote tapos, the first camera was successfully configured (port forwarding worked with port 2020, 554 was connect automatically by the nas itself). I can see the cam in NAS. 

But when I tried setting the second one, it's not like the first one as I tried doing the same trick with port forwarding (2021/555 for the second camera), seems the nas is unable to connect to the second camera and still showing the stream of the first camera. 

From what i can see, there is no tapo web interface to setup or configure the port, and even if i do all the port forwarding correctly, the NAS is unable to connecct the 555 port as tapo was only configured to 554 (thats why showing the first camera). 

Maybe i am missing something here, if anyone experienced similar things before and got it resolved, pls let me know. 

Many thanks all!    

Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple (remote) tapo cameras connecting to NAS
2022-07-04 01:30:32

Hello  @jeff9988 

When did port forwarding for multiple camera, and you should define different External ports for camera but the Internal ports are always  2020/554, e.g.

1st Camera: External Port 2020 & 554 ;   Internal port: 2020 & 554 

2nd Camera: External port 2021 & 555  ; Internal Port : 2020&554 

• ONVIF Service Port: 2020
  • RTSP Service Port: 554

• RTSP URL : rtsp:// camera IP Address:554/stream1 
  • ONVIF URL: http://camera IP Address:2020/onvif/device_service
  • Note for remote control, change cammera IP to router’s WAN IP or public IP

If that's does not work on the second camera, please check if you could access 2nd camera in the local network? If you could access the 2nd camera locally, that could be something wrong with port forwarding, you could share the model of router &  network topology and photo of port forwarding settings here for us to look into that further. 

Options
2022-07-04 07:15:35

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla-topee, thank you so much for your feedback.

I am doing exactly what you recommended me but still, the second camera is showing the first camera's screen.

I give more info, please see first my router setting for the port forwarding for the 1st and 2nd camera, which is pointing to 2020/554 from a different public port. Ports are opened correctly as I already tested it. 

Then in the NAS setting, i can also input port as 2021, but there is no way for me to manually input RTSP port 555 (and hence i suspect they default it to 554 and thats why showing the first camera).

Please have a look and look forward to your support! Thanks! Jeff 

Options
2022-07-04 10:51:06 - last edited 2022-07-04 11:01:51

Hello  @jeff9988 

I think you are right, mostly likely the NAS surveillance software use default port 554 for RTSP streaming, so the software leads to the same camera Live view 

I suggest reaching NAS support and see if they have more suggestion with setting up multiple ONVIF connections to multiple cameras remotely. 

You could also consider using an RTSP software like VLC Player and to set up multiple RTSP streams and view  cameras remotely. 

Can I know the version of the NAS surveillance software, or you could share a link of the software by private message. 

What URL do you use to access the first and second camera? You may share via private message. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1233

Replies: 3

Tags