Unable to connect to your tapo device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-08 03:56:48 - last edited 2022-07-11 01:02:34
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello. So I had already set up and used this camera before. But one time I had internet connection problems and when my connection came back, all other cameras came back online but this C320ws didn't so I reset it by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds til the red light blinked.

Now the app can find it, and I am even connected to it via wifi, but the succeeding screen says "Unable to connect to your tapo device". Please see attachments. I've reset multiple times and my mobile data and vpn are off, and the device is blinking red and green when this happens. I've also tried a different phone with a different account but still won't work.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to connect to your tapo device-Solution
2022-07-08 09:37:18 - last edited 2022-07-11 01:02:34
Well just in case someone is having the same issue, I got mine to work. I had to "forget" the camera from my list of wifi connections and then I reconnected to it. The lights started lighting up different from what I've been used to, I reset it again, connected to it again, then boom! Configured it properly. So that's all there was to it pretty much, forget the camera from the wifi settings.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to your tapo device-Solution
2022-07-08 09:37:18 - last edited 2022-07-11 01:02:34
Well just in case someone is having the same issue, I got mine to work. I had to "forget" the camera from my list of wifi connections and then I reconnected to it. The lights started lighting up different from what I've been used to, I reset it again, connected to it again, then boom! Configured it properly. So that's all there was to it pretty much, forget the camera from the wifi settings.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to connect to your tapo device
2022-07-11 01:07:33

Thank you very much for the sharing! Glad to know you solved the problem by forgetting the Tapo smart camera Wi-Fi network and reconnect to Tapo Smart Device Wifi! 

This error pops when the app can not find the smart device, and it is important to confirm the phone has connected to the Smart Device Wi-Fi successfully. 

If any user met similar concern, please also try some tips here Case 1 Can’t see or connect to the Wi-Fi name of the Tapo camera.

Options
Re:Unable to connect to your tapo device
2022-09-05 03:54:57
193248uy
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 691

Replies: 3

Related Articles