Tapo L900 Remote

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo L900 Remote

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo L900 Remote
Tapo L900 Remote
2022-07-11 11:32:50
Model: Tapo L900-5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello All,

I would like to know if it's possible to get a normal remote control for Tapo L900, as sometimes it would be useful when you are without mobile Application.

If I get a normal remote control, it would work?

Thank you in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo L900 Remote
2022-10-13 05:38:53 - last edited 2022-10-14 08:04:12

@cgentil 

In case any other user have the same question, the Tapo smart strip does not use a remote, and we can't guarantee a third party remote will be compatible with it. 

There will be some Tapo smart button & hubs comes out, with the automation rules you could turn on/ off a group device with a physical smart button (tapo hub required). 

Here is an article that you may be interested in. 

Introducing Tapo SubG Family- Smart Sensors, Smart Switches, Smart Buttons and More on the Way 

TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology Brings the New Tapo Lineup of Smart Hub, Sensors, Switches and More.

If you own a smart plug, you could also set an automation between the plug and the tapo smart bulb/ strip. 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo device (smart bulb, smart plug, smart camera)

Options
2022-10-13 11:59:10

@Solla-topee thank you for your reply, after 3 months already.

In this case, any remote control can be used, and the L900 will recognize that?

Another question, I need almost 20m of it, how can I join the L900?

Is there any possibility?

Hopefully you don't take another 3 months to reply.

Options
2022-10-14 08:08:03 - last edited 2022-10-14 08:09:28

Hi  @cgentil 

corrected a typo in my post,  I haven't heard other users using a third party remote with the Tapo smart strip before,  and we do not have a remote for the smart light strip 

For the second question, here is my reply in your another post.

Btw, if any user find any remote, feel free to share your experience below.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 434

Replies: 3