Can I use these smart plugs for monitoring and getting notified on washing/dryer machines?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I use these smart plugs for monitoring and getting notified on washing/dryer machines?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-23 16:23:49
Model: KP125  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I bought a pack of 2 smartplugs on best Buy the other day and I was just wondering if I could use these smart plugs to connect my washing/dryer machines for energy monitoring/notifications only. I do not intend to turn on or off the appliances. 

Washing machine uses 120V plug

Dryer machine uses gas and 120V plug

The washing machine is a Whirlpool HE

There are no specific specs presented on the machine, unfortunately.

Dryer is a General Electric HE

The specs presented are as shown:

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use these smart plugs for monitoring and getting notified on washing/dryer machines?
2022-07-25 07:02:48

@Odenkaz 

When use Kasa smart plug with a machine with a motor in it, there is an instantaneous peak power value you need to consider: 

Please check Q13: What kind of power appliance can be powered on by TP-Link Smart plug?

The washing machine or dryer machine should have exceeded the horsepower >1 horse power which is around 700W that a smart plug could handle, and it is not recommended to use them with a smart plug. 

Options