TP-Link Tapo C200 start stuttering in live view and playback.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 13:16:35
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.17

For few months the camera was working fine, but from few weeks camera stutter in live view and playback. Network, router, settings etc nothing being changed. I even tried restarting the camera from software and by switching it off. Restarted the router as well. Internet speed is same and educate enough. I also tried to view the camera locally but got same stuttering. The behaviour is same on iOS and Android and both application are up to date. I also tried to check for new firmware release namually but from android and iOS it showing firmware is up to date as well even when i heared firmware version 1.1.19 is out.

I also tried by stoping the recording on sd card and recording of voise as well but no effect at all. Pleae guide me if there is something else i can do.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link Tapo C200 start stuttering in live view and playback.
2022-07-27 12:08:01

@nynee Today i just received the v1.1.19 update notification, I updated the firmware but the problem still the same.

Options
Re:TP-Link Tapo C200 start stuttering in live view and playback.
2022-08-04 05:45:10

@nynee 

If Camera live feed lags or freeze,  here are some troubleshoot steps you could give it a try.

As router signal strength and quality plays an important role to ensure sooth live-streaming.
1. Ensure camera is receiving a good signal on the APP:
How to check the network connection stability of a Tapo Camera
2. Connect your phone to the same  Wifi network that the camera connects to and see if there is any lag in the local Wifi network? 

IF so to ping camera IP address on the phone as the above instruction and see if there is any noticeable packet loss and share the ping results 
3. Ensure Tapo app and camera are both up to date.
4. (*optional ) Try a different Wi-Fi channel on WiFi router

Download WiFi analyzer app and select a less crowded channel for router (this requires to reinstall  smart device, you may skip this step if you own multiple smart devices  )
5. Try a different phone and see if the issue occurs on a certain mobile device

If still the same problem, can  you help confirm some case details below 

1. may I know does the lag happen in locally  (phone connected to Home WiFi) or happens remotely (when phone connected to an outside network or using mobile data  )? 

2. Model of your phone, and its Android or IOS version? e.g. iphone 12/ IOS 15.2

3. Please hare a video clip showing the problem ( you may share via Google Drive)

4. Model of router and Tapo APP version 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1385

Replies: 4