Votes

Change language in Tapo app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-03 14:41:37 - last edited 2024-01-15 06:24:47

I would like to change language in Tapo app to a language which is different from my system default language.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Change language in Tapo app
2022-08-04 02:01:20 - last edited 2022-08-04 02:02:23

Hello   @ak91 

Thank you for starting a feature request post. 

The APP will be automatically use the phone's default language. But if it  is out of the range of supported languages, English will be displayed as APP language.

This FAQ does not list Tapo App yet, so far you can refer to the languages that supported on Kasa APP  :

Supported Languages for TP-Link APPs

May I know what language do you wish to be used on the Tapo app, you may change the thread title to Tapo APP X language support and users who had the same request can comment and vote for this thread. 

Options
2022-08-04 06:55:22

@Solla-topee : My smartphone system language is hungarian, so Tapo app is hungarian by default. Translation has some issues, that is why I would like to change app language back to english. I can't find option to change language in application.

Options
2022-08-05 00:59:36

@ak91 Thank you for share the scenario,

It is required to change phone system language to English/ or a language the app does not support  and the app will change language to English, so far we can't manually change the language for the APP I'd record this request first for further evaluation. 

Can you share some photos and circle the translation issue or the part difficult to understand, we'd share with our team for some optimization.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-08-05 06:24:00

@Solla-topee I attach screenshots.

Options
2022-08-08 11:06:07

@ak91 

Thank you so much for providing case details, I'd shared your feedback with our team and they will have a review or take further actions with the app translation.

Thanks again for the correction with app translation. 

Options
2022-09-26 05:22:20

I would also ask for the feature to change app language. Czech translation is very inaccurate and sometimes totally misleading. Many thanks.

Options
2022-10-16 21:01:34 - last edited 2022-10-16 21:02:01

Also try (IOS15.7) not opening the app, but going to the iPhone's SETTINGS, then scroll down towards the bottom part with settings for individual apps, find TAPO and tap it, and at the bottom you should find the "Preferred language" option. At least in Norway it gives you the opportunity to choose between Norwegian (system default) and English. I also had to revert to English seeing how the Norwegian translation seemed "forced" and inaccurate. (In some languages in some cases specific English words can only be translated as an expression using multiple words in the local language - and since there's no room for that in an app, a single word of lesser "translation quality" is accepted for the local translation...)

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 9101

Replies: 7

Voters 4