TPLink Tapo C200 recording and live view issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-06 21:24:21 - last edited 2022-08-17 02:48:04
Tags: #Live view issue
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.17

My Tapo C200 cam isn't working well with recording videos. When I'm using a sd card to record video, sometimes the cam restarts automatically after recording sometime. At this point the live view isn't accessible through the Tapo App. It always shows refresh.  I have also tested the cam without sd card and it seems to work fine to access live view from the Tapo app. I'm attaching a screenshot regarding the problem. 

I have a second Tapo C200 cam which hardware version is 1.0, it has no such issues.

​​​​​​

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TPLink Tapo C200 recording and live view issue-Solution
2022-08-16 08:15:28 - last edited 2022-08-17 02:48:12

Hello   @Aditya_96 

Thank you for sharing the log, I shared the log with our team, based on the overall phenomenon with the camera, we think it's a faulty piece of hardware, you could reach the local support or retailer to check the device warranty. Thanks again for your time with troubleshooting.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:TPLink Tapo C200 recording and live view issue
2022-08-08 02:20:11

Hello  @Aditya_96 

Thank you for the feedback. 

• Please try to factory reset the  camera and reinstall it in the Tapo APP and observe the behavior. 
  • Use the original TP-Link power cord for the Tapo camera (inadequate power may lead to a reboot)
  • If you use any RTSP or ONVIF software to stream camera, turn them off first

When did you purchase the camera and did the problem start? 

You could enable diagnose mode,  and help collect the log, f Live feed stops working again, please share the camera log with us.   

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

Options
2022-08-08 10:41:17

@Solla-topee I have already rest the cam many times. I'm also using the original power adaptor which comes with the box. I bought 2 cams on the May. The other one cam which hardware version is 1.0 is completely working fine.. no such issue with that one. But this one with hardware version 2.0 is continuously getting restart and not recording continuous videos. It stops recording video as well as not getting accessible through the app(Always shows tap to refresh) unless restarting it from the menu.  After restarting it works well for some time and then the same thing happening again. 

I will share the diagnostic files once it completed. Please fix the issue.

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @Aditya_96 

Thank you for the feedback. 

• Please try to factory reset the  camera and reinstall it in the Tapo APP and observe the behavior. 
  • Use the original TP-Link power cord for the Tapo camera (inadequate power may lead to a reboot)
  • If you use any RTSP or ONVIF software to stream camera, turn them off first

When did you purchase the camera and did the problem start? 

You could enable diagnose mode,  and help collect the log, f Live feed stops working again, please share the camera log with us.   

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

Options
2022-08-08 18:16:42

@Solla-topee Hi, here is the diagnosis file. 

File:
diagnose_log.zipDownload
Options
2022-08-11 06:18:01 - last edited 2022-08-11 06:20:06

Hello  @Aditya_96 

Thank you very much for help collect the log,  to better assist with your case we created a support email TKID220812658 to follow it up further, please check your email inbox. 

May I know how often the camera will restart itself?  What is the model of your phone and its Andriod or IOS version & Tapo APP version as well, please share aphoto when Live view stops as well, thank you. 

Options
2022-08-11 06:45:20

@Solla-topee After resetting the cam it works 1-2 days almost without any issue. But again the issue resumes. It restarts more than 5 times and sometime less than 5 times. Mobile device: Xiaomi Poco x2 , Tablet: Xiaomi Pad 5 . Both running on Android 11. Both have installed tapo app v2.8.20 . 

Options
2022-08-11 07:31:03 - last edited 2022-08-11 07:34:38

Hello  @Aditya_96 

Thank you for your reply. You could try a different 9.0V/0.6A power cord for the camera, or swap the power cords of the two camera for a test. 

If camera still reboots 5 times in a day, it can be a defective camera, it is recommend to contact retailer or reach our local support to check the device warranty. 

Thank you for your time and patience with troubleshooting. 

Options
2022-08-12 09:26:13

@Solla-topee Hi, the cam just stopped working. Yesterday it restarted 2 times, today one time and is not opening the live view. I'm attaching the log file. 

File:
Tapo_2022-08-12_14-51-29-568.txt.zipDownload
Options
Re:TPLink Tapo C200 recording and live view issue-Solution
2022-08-16 08:15:28 - last edited 2022-08-17 02:48:12

Hello   @Aditya_96 

Thank you for sharing the log, I shared the log with our team, based on the overall phenomenon with the camera, we think it's a faulty piece of hardware, you could reach the local support or retailer to check the device warranty. Thanks again for your time with troubleshooting.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 983

Replies: 8

Tags

Live view issue