Can't playback when using my home Wifi, but can when I turn off my phone wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-13 09:10:49
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

I just bought a Tapo C210 and it works fine except for one thing: if I am connected to my home wifi I can't view the recorded videos from my camera.  It gives me "Network unstable" error and the video never loads.

If I use my phone's mobile internet then it works fine. How come this happens?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't playback when using my home Wifi, but can when I turn off my phone wifi
2022-08-14 04:54:14
Just updating: when connected on the same network as the cameras I can SEE the live feed and move the camera, the only thing that doesn't work for some reason is the playback.
Options
Re:Can't playback when using my home Wifi, but can when I turn off my phone wifi
2022-08-15 01:26:37

Hello   @Fbphoto 

If you can view camera's Playback when phone is on mobile network, but can not view it when in the home Wi-Fi network.

1> You could reach ISP or router support and check if there is any firewall settings and adjust router/ Modem firewall settings

2> Reboot Tapo camera

3> Confirm Tapo APP and device firmware are both up to date 

4> Make sure  1 mobile device views the Playback at the same time

If still the same, please enable Diagnose mode and help collect the camera log when you can not view playback

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

May I know the model of router and network topology: e.g ISP X --Router X <Wireless> Tapo camera

Can I know the MAC address of camera (please share via private message), model of phone and its OS,APP version, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 257

Replies: 2

Related Articles