Got plug to show up in Google Home but Voice Assistant not recognizing it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-14 00:29:26

First Seamless Setup would not work. I installed the Kasa App and got the device to turn on and off there. Then I got Google Home to connect to the device via Kasa App, so I can turn it on and off on Google Home with the button. But the voice assistant doesn't work. What can I do? That's the whole reason I'm using this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Got plug to show up in Google Home but Voice Assistant not recognizing it
2022-08-15 02:07:18

Hello   @lcraw 

Thank you for the feedback. 

If kasa device has linked to Google successfully as you could turn the device ON/OFF via Google Home APP, you could try some voice commands listed below to control the kasa plug:  How to control Smart Devices by Google Home with voice commands

Please also try some tips here like changing a different device for the smart plug: 

If still fails, is there any error message you receive from Google app?  How did Google respond to a voice command and please take a photo of the device status & time in Google home APP   e.g. 9:00AM,  ' “Hey Google turn off Bedroom lamp ' Thanks

Options