NVR recording and microSD card recording are not compatible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-24 21:20:00 - last edited 2022-10-31 07:31:00
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I set up my Tapo C310 to work with Agent DVR/ispy with a few issues but overall pretty good using this guide - https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2680/

Everything was working fine until I inserted a microSD card into my cameras, now I can't see the live view footage from the cameras using the RTSP protocol streams.

I then get a message saying "Tapo care works best with one of the NVR or microSD card recording, not both. At this point, the NVR will be disabled. To restart recording on the NVR, remove the microSD card from the camera." But I don't want to remove the SD card. I essentially want to re-enable the NVR stream that TPLINK have disabled due to inserting the micro SD card.

I want the footage to be recorded to the SD card at all times, and then whenever I turn on my 3rd party NVR device (in this case Agent DVR/ispy), I want it to record to that too.

Q1: Is this possible?

Q2: If it is, how can it be done?

Thanks,

Walshe_d

Options
6 Reply
Re:NVR recording and microSD card recording are not compatible
2022-08-25 00:59:32

@walshe_d 

The Camera supports two of the three functions among Tapo Care/SD card Recording/NVR (NVR means ONVIF or RTSP streaming here) working at the same time and here is an QA explaining this 

Q3.4: Why can’t I use Tapo Care, SD card, and NVR at the same time?

If this note pops upyou could either unplug SD / deactivate Tapo care (free trial)/ turn off ONVIF or RTSP connection by factory resetting the camera before test the other two functions. Hope this helps. 

Options
2022-08-25 10:23:31

@Solla-topee 

Okay but how do i deactivate tapo care (free trial)?

Options
2022-08-26 03:52:03

Hi   @walshe_d  here is QAQ5, Can I cancel the Tapo Care Free Trial? that should help. 

Feel free to let us know if that works for your case. 

Options
2022-10-02 19:24:29

@Solla-topee Sorry for the late reply but that has not worked. It will only record to my NVR when motion is detected and not to both my NVR and SD card.

Options
2022-10-02 19:59:35

@Solla-topee Maybe some more information might help. I've factory reset the cameras, set them back up, go to advanced settings, camera account, it says "Note: Tapo care works best with one of the NVR or microSD card recordings, not both. At this point, the NVR recording will be disabled. To restart recording on the NVR, remove the microSD card from the camera."

But I want NVR and microSD card recording...not tapo care.

Also the solution of -

Q5: Can I cancel the Tapo Care Free Trial?

Yes, users can cancel the trial at any time during the trial period. After cancellation, the trial of the model cannot be resumed.

Users can also subscribe during the trial period, and the subscription will take effect immediately, the remaining trial days will be reserved for the user.

On the Tapo app, please go to Camera settings and toggle "Tapo Care Free Trial" to off.

This is not an option...when i go to setting in the camera there is no toggle "Tapo Care Free Trial" to off button...

This is really frustrating as I thought it would have been a simple fix.

Options
2022-10-13 14:47:32

@walshe_d 

@Solla-topee  any help?? still not wokring even though i've followed your instructions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 6