Votes

Feature request: export energy data & reset data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-07 13:07:42 - last edited 2024-01-15 02:48:59
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi, I have two feature requests:

1) I would like to be able to export my energy data ideally having it record data at 15mins internals or less (not sure if the app is already doing that but graph appears to be every hour, data points are logged). Thanks 

2) be able to clear the data. (I..e when using for energy monitoring and switching between devices, would be good to have exported the data, or archived, then reset it to zero, to start monitoring the next device)

Thanks 

CJ

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Feature request: export energy data & reset data-Solution
2022-10-25 08:45:33 - last edited 2024-01-15 02:46:31

Hello everyone,

A major update with Tapo plug Energy Monitoring is here, you can Reset energy data, use Electric Bill calculator and enjoy more new features, you can take a first look at brand-new monitoring 2.0 from here: 

Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

For exporting energy data, you could continue to share your comments below on this thread, this will help us collect your opinions and share with our team for evaluation, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-15 02:48:34 - last edited 2024-01-15 02:48:38

The data exporting feature for Tapo energy monitoring plug is also available with the latest Tapo App!

Find out more here! Introducing Tapo Plug New Energy Monitoring Feature

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Feature request: export energy data & reset data
2022-09-08 12:17:31

@CJ_1906  An export function of the data (to e.g. OneDrive or Google drive) would make this device so much more useful and a total winner. It would allow me to analyse further and calculate costs of energy.

Options
2022-09-14 11:57:59

Hello   @CJ_1906 

Thank you for starting a feature request post here and share your improvement suggestions with the Plug Energy Monitoring feature. 

We'd record your request for further evaluation. 

Anyone who is interested in the same feature, please leave your comment below or leave your thumb up/ vote for this feature. 

Options
2022-10-25 08:45:33 - last edited 2024-01-15 02:46:31

Hello everyone,

A major update with Tapo plug Energy Monitoring is here, you can Reset energy data, use Electric Bill calculator and enjoy more new features, you can take a first look at brand-new monitoring 2.0 from here: 

Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

For exporting energy data, you could continue to share your comments below on this thread, this will help us collect your opinions and share with our team for evaluation, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-25 09:59:23

@Solla-topee 

Please consider exporting energy data for both external analysis and backup purposes should, for example a factory reset of the plug has to be done.

A .csv export would be sufficient.

Many thanks...

Options
RE:Feature request: export energy data & reset data
2022-10-27 12:02:12
I totally agree that an export feature would be great. Perhaps a simple CSV export AND a more complete JSON export.
Options
RE:Feature request: export <span class='search-highlight'>energy</span> data & reset data
2022-11-04 19:42:44
cvs file
Options
2022-11-29 12:07:29

The recent update allowed the "Export All Data" from the P110.

At present, the data exported consists of the Date/Time and the Energy Usage (kWh)

Please add to the export file the monetary value (cost) stored for each line.

Options
2023-05-06 05:50:59

@QuestionReality 

I would love this feature too or even better multiple device grouping and reporting with the CSV export as well.

QuestionReality wrote

At present, the data exported consists of the Date/Time and the Energy Usage (kWh)

QuestionReality wrote

Options
2023-08-29 06:06:44

@CJ_1906 On export of energy data there is a malfunction:

The menu contains the item 'export of all data', but the exported data are limited to the last week. That is completely useless for me and does not satisfy the item's caption.

Please describe a way to get the data directly from the cloud using my tp-link account. Those data are of my own, and I want to have access and control on them.

Options
2023-09-02 19:50:34 - last edited 2023-09-02 19:51:06

Agreed, this is and will be a very useful function.

Our use case is to track a certain electrical device and then split the costs of the total energy usage (amongst 19 neighbors). The device is on/off throughout the month at random times, so we currently have to manually look at the end of the month the total kWh's used by the device, write it down, and then repeat at the end of every month.

Very annoying process. 

If this was an IFTTT or Zapier enabled feature, would be even better to give us users the ability to manipulate the data however we want to whatever tools we want.

Options

Information

Helpful: 23

Views: 2134

Replies: 13

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters