TAPO C200 motion tracking stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 08:30:49 - last edited 2022-09-13 02:16:22
Tags: #C200
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.19

Motion tracking stopped working on my C200 Tapo Cam. Enabled in the setting and on Tapo Care trial. Still giving me push notification but camera is not tracking the motion. Cloud recording is not working all the time as well. I have motion events recorded in SD card but not always in the cloud.

Options
6 Reply
Re:TAPO C200 motion tracking stopped working
2022-09-13 02:24:28 - last edited 2022-09-19 10:18:54

@CuriousJay 

If the motion tracking stopped working, you could try some tips here

• Reboot camera 
  • Confirm the camera is Online and can be accessed remotely when the phone is on LTE mobile data or on an outside network. Otherwise, you could try to reset the camera and reinstall it
  • Confirm Motion Tracking & Motion Detection are  enabled : Tapo APP> Camera settings > Detection & Alerts> Motion tracking and Motion Detection should be ON
  • Please make sure the motion has been detected on the camera and you should receive notification or see motion triggered video clips in Playback. Otherwise please try some tips here Motion Detection Is Not Working On TP-Link Camera

Can you help provide information here that could help analyze and  solve the issue

Please help save the camera log  How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

1)    a video clip of movement.  Use phone to record a video or use Tapo APP to manually record the video clip of motion
2)    a photo of Playback timeline showing the motion was detected as at that time
3)    a photo of camera Motion tracking setting
4)    MAC address of camera (please share via private message) Thank you

Options
2022-09-13 02:35:56

@Solla-topee 

is there any other way I can upload the video? It is not working here.. i'll send you a private message

Options
2022-09-13 02:40:15
I already tried rebooting it multiple times, turning off and turning on the motion tracking but it did not made any difference
Options
2022-09-13 03:15:12

Hello @CuriousJay 

Thank you for your fast reply and the case details yes, we created a support email TKID220914441 for your case, please check your email inbox.

You could try to attach the video in that email, or create a video shared link via Googledrive Onedrive etc and paste the URL in the email or via PM, thank you. 

Options
2022-09-19 10:20:49

Hello @CuriousJay 

May Iknow did you receive the support email ? I noticed in the TKID220914441 support email, our engineer ask for the log of camera .

Can you help reproduce the problem and collect the camera log, you could share the log file with us via support email & forum here. 

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera

Thanks in advance. 

Options
2022-09-20 22:38:56

@Solla-topee 

apologies for the late response. The motion tracking started working again.. i have enabled the logging and currently waiting on the issue to recur.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1200

Replies: 6

Tags

C200
Related Articles