Invalid MAC address of Tapo C200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-24 15:35:18
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.19

Hi,

I try to give my new Tapo C200 a static IP in the router settings. But I can't save the settings because of a general error message "invalid configuration parameters".

So I used different "MAC Address validators" and all of them say that the MAC is invalid.

Why is the MAC invalid? How can we fix this? How can I set a static IP to this Tapo device now? I want to add it to Home Assistant.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Invalid MAC address of Tapo C200
2022-09-27 03:49:37 - last edited 2022-09-27 03:52:33

Hello  @GOIET 

Please confirm it's the same MAC address showing up in the Tapo APP (  tap the 'wheel' icon on the right top of Live page > camera settings > Camera information)

Did any other device that already use the IP address that you tried to assign to the camera? 

The MAC address is in the correct format, which is 12-digit (48 bits) hexadecimal numbers, but somehow the router says that is invalid, it is recommended to reach router support and see if they have any suggestions for that. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 1