Camera does not follow recording schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 09:34:59 - last edited 2022-09-27 08:04:20

Can anyone help.

Camera does not follow recording schedule properly.
I have set the recording schedule (detection recording) only on certain time of the day.
But camera still detect motion the whole day and put them on cloud videos. But when I check the Playback, it properly detect the time I set.
I think when motion detection is turned on, camera will detect motion all the time and upload to cloud, at the same time will follow the schedule and put them in the sd card.
anyway to make the motion detection only follow the schedule I set ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Camera does not follow recording schedule
2022-09-27 00:54:55 - last edited 2022-09-27 08:04:20

Hello  @nikolx 

Thank you for the feedback, so far the recording schedule only applies to SD card recording, not the cloud videos. 

May I know do you wish the camera will detection motion events will only be uploaded to cloud at a certain period of time? 

For this feature request, it is encouraged to also share your idea on Feature Request board or leave vote for Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo,in this way users who are interested with this feature could vote or comment for it, that will help with the feature evaluation! Thanks. 

Options
2022-09-27 07:52:49 - last edited 2022-09-27 08:04:20

@Solla-topee  May I know do you wish the camera will detection motion events will only be uploaded to cloud at a certain period of time? 

yes, something similar to recording schedule for sd card. This definitely will attract people to subscribe to tapo care.

Thanks

Options
2022-09-27 08:03:14 - last edited 2022-09-27 08:04:20

@nikolx 

Thank you for the explanation! I'd move this thread to our Tapo feature request board, so later users who are interested in this idea can comment or later vote for this feature.

I suggest change the title to something like Cloud Videos Recording Schedule Request as well to make it more clear. Thank you again for your improvement suggestion. 

Options
2023-03-17 16:02:46

@nikolx Hello, I'm having the same issue here. The cameras record an area that is very busy during the day, and my Tapo Care Cloud gets crammed with clips. I'd like for cameras to record only during specific hours, as it is possible to set using the SD card.

Was this solved in any way? Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 346

Replies: 4

Related Articles