Cameras do not work after App Update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-03 05:50:43 - last edited 2022-12-26 06:33:32
Tags: #Live View #Motion Detection #Troubleshooting
Model: KC300S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.21

I have a Hub with 3 cameras. (KH300) with (KC300 x3)

The Cameras were all working perfect prior to the October App Update.

I have fully reset everything twice including using a different phone and uninstalling / reinstalling the app.

I have reset the Hub using the reset button on the back of the Hub.

When I do a fresh install and I connect all the cameras with the hub on the app, everything is OK.

Once I leave the app and re-open it, all the cameras are listed as Offline.

I still receive notifications of movement detection, and I can still see the clips of it, but there is no LIVE feed and no access to the camera's settings.

I turned off Auto-Powersave when I did a fresh install and this did not help.

Even with all 3 cameras in the same room as the Hub and Router, they still say offline.

I attempted to rollback the app, but when I load up the app, the first screen is a prompt I can't bypass forcing me to update to latest.

Other than refunding this trash, is there anything I may be missing?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cameras do not work after App Update-Solution
2022-10-04 05:27:11 - last edited 2022-10-04 09:25:22

Hello  @Slextasy 

Thank you for your feedback with the new Kasa 3.0 APP. 

For Andriod users, if the app got stuck on the 'Update your Kasa APP' page once you open the APP. Please try to download the APP apk from link below and install the APP  

[Solution] Failed to update to Kasa App 3.0 on Android

If the device still appears offline, as the workaround,  you could download the old version apk. from websites like apkmirror, and see if device status will look fine again. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cameras do not work after App Update-Solution
2022-10-04 05:27:11 - last edited 2022-10-04 09:25:22

Hello  @Slextasy 

Thank you for your feedback with the new Kasa 3.0 APP. 

For Andriod users, if the app got stuck on the 'Update your Kasa APP' page once you open the APP. Please try to download the APP apk from link below and install the APP  

[Solution] Failed to update to Kasa App 3.0 on Android

If the device still appears offline, as the workaround,  you could download the old version apk. from websites like apkmirror, and see if device status will look fine again. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cameras do not work after App Update
2022-10-04 09:25:18

@Solla-topee Thanks for that.

I ended up downloading the Kasa App from APKMirror.

Version 2.38.0 | Build 1066

This version works fine; Detection Zones, Live Feed, Smart Plugs, Camera Settings.

They all function again normally.

I've turned off Auto-Updates on the playStore; looks like I'll be sitting on this Version for the foreseeable future.

Options
Re:Cameras do not work after App Update
2022-12-26 05:35:59

If your camera stopped working after an update, try these steps: In Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) on your camera, then select Properties. Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. (Some drivers don't provide this option.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 592

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles