Smart action with tapo bulb and tapo camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 14:35:22
Model: Tapo L510E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

i'm trying to set a automation between my C310 camera and a L510E bulb (if the camera detect a movement, it lights up the bulb for 30 seconds). This seems to only work if the push notification are active. is there a way to not having the push notification and still have the automation? (without disabling the push notification in the general android settings)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart action with tapo bulb and tapo camera
2022-10-13 02:12:06

Hello   @gg_35 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The Activity notification is just not for notifications and should not affect the Motion triggered smart action.

• - Please keep the Tapo APP up to date 
  • Double check the smart action setting as instruction here.

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo device (smart bulb, smart plug, smart camera)

To look into this further, may I have a photo of your smart action/ automation settings in the Tapo APP + the activity notification settings.

Do you mean with Notification off when the camera sense a motion, the bulb does not response?  

Please also share the MAC addresses of the camera and bulb via PM, thank you. 

Options
2022-10-13 15:20:00 - last edited 2022-10-13 15:29:24

Hi @Solla-topee,

Everything is up to date (APP at 2.10.6, C310 camera at 1.3.1 and L510E bulb at 1.2.2).

No, what i mean is that, if i disable the notification for the camera in the tapo app settings (under the detection and alerts menu), the movement is still sensed by the camera (i can see in the playback that the movement is registered in the timeline) but the automation for turning on the bulb does not activate.

The strange thing is that if i re-enable the notification, the automation works fine.

Options
2022-10-20 03:07:25

@gg_35 

Thanks a lot for providing the case details yes to look into this further , we created a support email  TKID221022359 and get it escalated , our senior engineers will follow up your case on that support email. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 3