Deleted clip in playback

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deleted clip in playback

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deleted clip in playback
Deleted clip in playback
2022-10-12 15:18:45 - last edited 2022-10-13 02:44:58
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can clips be selected and deleted from playback? Can the deleted clip be recovered, how?

Sorry for the grammar errors. Someone threw my parcel, and that clip was missing on the playback. The recording showed the delivery guy arriving (~5 seconds), then it cuts to the delivery guy leaving (~7 seconds clip). There was around 1 minute between the time he arrived and left, but there was no recording of that 1 minute. The total time when the delivery guy is infront our house is just around 1 min and 13 seconds.  It's just too odd to be a coincidence that the clip where someone threw my parcel was missing, and the recording only showed him arriving then the video cuts to him leaving. There's nothing that blocked the view to not suddenly record any motions. There was a delivery 5 minutes before mine, and the recording was complete. The other motion-detected recordings are also complete. The only missing clip is the record when someone threw my parcel.

Based on my previous experience, I know someone who will throw it and delete the video. The position of the C200 is difficult to reach though, so I don't think he got the SD card to delete the clip (he studies Information Technology or IT). 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deleted clip in playback
2022-10-13 01:56:01 - last edited 2022-10-13 01:56:19

Hello  @zzsleepy 

The video clips in the Tapo app Playback are stored in the SD card, so far videos in playback can't be manually deleted unless you're pulling the SD card out and delete it.  You may double-check if the video clip is available when SD card is read on the PC and see if there is any video clip or not. 

How can I view the video recordings of camera from the SD card on a computer? 

The camera can record at most a 3-minute-long video clip due to the motion consistency, while to ensure the every important moment is recorded, you could consider enabling 24/7 continuous recordings, in this way all the motions and activities will be recorded. 

How can I view 24-hour recordings of Tapo cameras in Tapo app?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 1

Related Articles