Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update

69 Reply
Re:Tapo Plug Energy Monitoring 2.0 Update
2024-01-13 15:14:06 - last edited 2024-01-13 15:14:39

Hi Team, will there ever be the ability to extract logs to syslog or pull the data via an API so I can create a central dashboard?  I've got about 8 different plugs and checking them all individually is a pain

Options
2024-03-06 22:11:36 - last edited 2024-03-06 22:15:58

@Solla-topee hi

I don't know if I'm in the right place, I have a functionality to ask you in fact I need to be notified by the application of electricity consumption (programmed 3 value if is less or lower than "value" ... ) .

Have possbility to create events from watts consumptions (notification, action, email etc....) 

For example I have my electric car I would like to notify that the consumption is less than 100 W to make me understand that the vehicle is charged for example. If equal to 0w i considere that vehicle is déconnected so switch OFF. Or Upper to 100w, notification, i can understand that vehicle is in charge. 

Still have lots of ideas... For vehicles or heaters, cooler, servers.... 

Thank you so much :) 

Best regards 

Sébastien 

Options
2024-03-07 08:20:40

@Sebouney 

That's not a supported feature. You may share your usage and opinion in this feature request post. Energy level as a trigger

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-04-02 16:16:18

Hi there,

two quick questions:

Does this only apply to Tapo smart plugs not Kasa ones? I have Kasa KP115s and there is no "Show More" below the basic today/7 day/30 day stats.

Or does this only apply if you are a Tapo Care subscriber? Which I am not as I don't have any cameras.

I would very much like to see detailed energy graphs, so I really need to know whether I need to sell all my expensive in the aggregate smart plugs....?

CD

Options
2024-04-03 02:44:22

chrisdymond wrote

Hi there,

two quick questions:

Does this only apply to Tapo smart plugs not Kasa ones? I have Kasa KP115s and there is no "Show More" below the basic today/7 day/30 day stats.

Or does this only apply if you are a Tapo Care subscriber? Which I am not as I don't have any cameras.

I would very much like to see detailed energy graphs, so I really need to know whether I need to sell all my expensive in the aggregate smart plugs....?

CD

@chrisdymond 

Energy monitoring 2.0 is a feature for Tapo plug, but gladly, it has been implemented in a new Kasa model, the EP25 V2. 

Tapo Care is a cloud service for tapo camera only. No extra subscription is needed for smart plug's energy monitoring feature.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-04-03 15:29:24

@Wayne-TP Thanks so much for the fast reply!

Is the EP25 V2 available in the UK yet?

Options
2024-04-07 02:27:36

chrisdymond wrote

@Wayne-TP Thanks so much for the fast reply!

Is the EP25 V2 available in the UK yet?

@chrisdymond 

We have limited knowledge about the sales plans, but you can check TP-Link official website, the UK site, to see if the specific model is listed. If it is not listed, it may indicate that there are no plans for it to be available in the market yet.

If you can find the model on the website, you can search for our authorized retailers' websites to confirm the specific inventory and sales information. TP-Link Where To Buy

Actually, instead of continuing with the Kasa plug, I propose getting a Tapo energy monitoring plug. Getting a Tapo device makes no difference because you can now control Kasa plugs using the Tapo app.

Options
2024-08-03 03:35:27

@Solla-topee I'm guessing that the power protection feature has never been implemented for the Kasa HS300?  I just purchased one, specifically for that functionality.  But not finding it available in the app, I come here and discover that I've probably bought the wrong device.  Some feedback for the team at tp-link: your website could do a much much much better job of making it clear which features are available on which devices.  A bunch of the smart plugs are all listed as having "energy monitoring", without making it clear that the energy monitoring features aren't the same.

Options
2024-08-04 13:17:38

I want to calculate the energy of all my plugs at same time... Maybe on v3.0 laugh

Options