Votes

button on smart plug do something other than toggle the device plugged into it

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-09 03:25:51

It would be nice if I could configure a smart plug to be 'always on' where the appliance plugged into it isn't toggled by the button on the smart plug.... But then configure that button to do something else.   This could be a scene, group or otherwise.  

Maybe I have a coffee machine plugged into a smart plug, I want that to always have power as if it's plugged right into the wall.  But when I press the button on the smart plug, I configure it to toggle my kitchen lights controlled by a kasa light switch across the room. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:button on smart plug do something other than toggle the device plugged into it
2022-11-29 06:31:34

Hello   @Levistras 

Thank you for staring a feature request, the physical ON/OFF button on the plug control the relay of the plug to provide the power or cut off power. 

Appreciated for your idea, but I think it may not be feasible to change the function of the physical button, that's usually decided / designed when the product is being made and designed. 

Thank you for your time with starting a request. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.