connect to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connect to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connect to wifi
connect to wifi
2022-11-12 19:53:05
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have 4 KASA HS200 switches operating over WiFi just fine.  I'm adding a new HS200 to the same network but the switch will not sync with the WiFi when I use the connect instructions.  I've tried resetting the switch but no joy.  Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:connect to wifi
2022-11-14 03:02:37

Hi @FrancisC 

Thank you for reaching out TP-Link community!

To help us assist with the case better, can you share a photo of the error message when setting up the device? Thanks in advance. 

Please double check your Wifi password and make sure you've input the correct 2.4Ghz wifi network.

Make sure VPN is off and you could also try a different mobile device to setup the bulb. 

You could also try some tips here that and let us know if this works for you. 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

If the problem persists,may I know the model of your phone and its OS version as well? Thanks!

Options
2022-12-27 05:51:34

FrancisC wrote

I have 4 KASA HS200 switches operating over WiFi just fine.  I'm adding a new HS200 to the same network but the switch will not sync with the WiFi when I use the connect instructions.  I've tried resetting the switch but no joy.  Any ideas?

@FrancisC ... month old.. I assume you already figured it out.  but worth responding as this literally happens to me ALL the time with basically every new Kasa device!!  One or more of the following usually does it..

1. Close Kasa app

2. Turn off WiFi wait 15 seconds, turn WiFi back on

3. Open Kasa app and try again

** Or I just restart my smartphone.    This could be because I have LOTS of Kasa devices and or my Router's MESH environment / technology... who knows..  But eventually it works.

Options
2023-01-03 03:36:30

@LearnTO 

LearnTO wrote

@FrancisC ... month old.. I assume you already figured it out.  but worth responding as this literally happens to me ALL the time with basically every new Kasa device!!  One or more of the following usually does it..

1. Close Kasa app

2. Turn off WiFi wait 15 seconds, turn WiFi back on

3. Open Kasa app and try again

** Or I just restart my smartphone.    This could be because I have LOTS of Kasa devices and or my Router's MESH environment / technology... who knows..  But eventually it works.

Many thanks, It's worked.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 3

Related Articles