Cannot Create a "Device" Schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-19 18:00:58
Model: KP400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

This software might be highly advanced but I cannot for the life of me figure out why it cannot allow *both* outlets to have the same schedule?! I mean how many people have a bunch of xmas lights spanning 2 outlets or more? There must be a way to do this?

Other smart home products I have bought allow you to do individual plug schedules or combine them. All this app does is allow you to manually control on/off once you create a group - but you cannot create a schedule and apply it to the group!?

On a related note the schedule part of this app is not very intuitive. My PrimeWire app was super easy and simple to program as it showed BOTH on and off on the same screen and once the times had been set you were done. Plus that app allowed you to program both or single outlets differently. Setup and programming took a fraction of the time I am spending on this.

Lastly can anyone explain to me why this product is considered a SmartBulb??? Last time I checked the outside of the box says "Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Outdoor PLUG"

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot Create a "Device" Schedule
2022-11-21 11:13:30 - last edited 2022-11-21 11:17:09

@Danno2022 

It is possible by setting up a Smart Action rule in the new Kasa app.

In smart actions, you can use a smart device or Time as the Trigger to control other smart devices.

By setting up a trigger (When trigger happens) and an action (Then execute the action) , you can select two KP400 as the action devices

Kasa APP 3.0 - Smart Home Community

Lastly can anyone explain to me why this product is considered a SmartBulb???

- sorry for any trouble,  we will correct this in the system soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1