This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-13 03:23:38
Model: HS200   KS220M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed these switches and added them to Google Home. Then there was an internet outage and all the switches are offline on Google though they are working fine on Kasa App. Can someone please help.At the bottom under tag I didn't see Google Home and I see Google Assistant. I thought Google has gotten rid of Assistant!  Thanks a lot.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Offline
2022-12-14 05:43:32

Hi  @ZiaZ 

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

In the Kasa app, make sure smart plugs are online when the phone is on mobile data, otherwise please reboot your kasa device. 

if the devices are accessible in the Kasa app remotely, you could try to unlink kasa in the Google home and then relink kasa, then check if devices are online 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1534/

Feel free to let us know if this works for you. 

Options
2022-12-14 06:51:40

@Solla-topee 

Thank you. I don't have any issues with Kasa App. It's on Google Home side I am having this issue. I have 25 switches. Its not fun😄. I regret trusting TP link. Thank you. 

Options
2022-12-15 01:24:56 - last edited 2022-12-15 01:29:04

Hello  @ZiaZ 

Thank you for more information!

• Please keep your Google home app updated.
  • Can you unlink kasa in the Google home and relink it? If this does not help, can you share a photo of the error in the Google home app and we'd like to look into what's going on.

Here is a third party video to unlink kasa from Google 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97JjaY9LeQ

Tap one of the kasa smart device in the Google Home APP> Device settings> unlink kasa 

Thank you in advance. 

Options
2022-12-15 03:53:08

@Solla-topee 

Thank you so much for continued efforts. I commend you for this.

Guess what! After your latest post I went to Google Home to unlink Kasa switches and you know what - all the switches are gone from Google Home! Now I am back to square one😄. I will have to connect them one by one again. I will work on them during the weekend. 

Options
2022-12-22 22:43:12

ZiaZ wrote

@Solla-topee 

Thank you so much for continued efforts. I commend you for this.

Guess what! After your latest post I went to Google Home to unlink Kasa switches and you know what - all the switches are gone from Google Home! Now I am back to square one😄. I will have to connect them one by one again. I will work on them during the weekend. 

@ZiaZ, @Solla-topee recommended a very logical troubleshooting approach.

1. Confirm the tplink devices are first accessible over the internet, via the Kasa app and data only (NOT wifi).   If the devies are working on the Kasa app over the internet, then the issue is related to the connection of the tplink to Google Home service or something in between.

2. Simple basic stuff like fully closing the Google Home app, shutting down restarting your phone, clearing your Google Home cache and those sort of things.  one should be familiar with those sort of thngs before leaping into smart home devices..

Removing land re-adding links between service is more of a last resort step as of course the tplink devices will get removed with the account   I've had my fair share of quirks with Kasa devices and software.. but I understand tthe issues are quite common with smart home devices and software from all vendors

My  suggestion is to keep the organization simple.  I use a name schema of Floor-Room-Direction(N/S/W/E)-Type(Outlet,Switch,Bulb) etc...

Options
2022-12-23 06:21:02 - last edited 2022-12-23 06:22:21

Thank you for @LearnTO's help. 

Hi @ZiaZ 

Thank you for the updated information.

Sorry I forget to mention,  unlinking kasa  will unbind the tp-link account from Google, but do not worry,   after relinking the kasa skill in the Google home app, devices bound to kasa account will all come back in once.  

Feel free to let us know for any new observations~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 6

Related Articles