Not able to connect Kasa smart bulb through Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-13 04:19:09

I am trying to control a TP-link smart bulb through Alexa and every time I try to do anything Alexa tells me "There was a problem" with no details. I have removed and readded the bulb from both the Kasa app as well as Alexa with no resolve. Alexa recognizes commands to all my other Kasa smart plugs so I do not believe the problem to be the Kasa Skill. The bulb does work when being controlled by the Kasa app. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Was able to control the bulb with Alexa up until at least last Friday.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Not able to connect Kasa smart bulb through Alexa
2022-12-13 04:31:22 - last edited 2022-12-13 11:50:21

Hi @JackToncatrina 

Thank you for the case report, can you share a photo of the error?

To look into this , can you share  your TP-Link ID and Device name of the bulb with us via PM (click my profile to send a PM) Thank you. 

We create a support email TKID221225067 for your case to assist further, please check your email inbox~

Options
Re:Not able to connect Kasa smart bulb through Alexa
2022-12-15 02:47:33

Hi   @JackToncatrina 

May I know were you able to solve the issue with bulb and Alexa? Feel free to let us know if you need more help. 

Any screenshot or update is much appreciated~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 2