Unable to format SD cards on multiple C320WS cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-15 14:01:20
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I have purchased multiple C320WS cameras and I have been unable to format any previously utilized Micro SD cards.  I have formatted the cards as FAT32 with no affect. 

I have only been able to utilize brand new SD cards that have never been previously formatted.  This is the same situation with 3 cameras to date. 

Below is the information requested. 

1. Model and Hardware version of Tapo camera = C320WS V1

2.  Brand & Capacity of the SD = PNY 128Mb

3.  photo of SD card = Unable to find means to attach photo - PNY 128MB Micro SD V30 XC1

4.  photo of H2testw test result = "Test finished without errors - Writing speed 4.29MByte/s, Reading speek: 16.4 MByte/s

5.  photo of the error on Tapo APP = Unable to find means to attach photo - "Failed to format your microSD card, Please try later" 

6.  Mac address & SN of camera (please share via private message)  = Will send via private messge when available. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to format SD cards on multiple C320WS cameras
2022-12-28 09:45:17

Hello @BrentS 

Thank you for reaching out to the community and providing all the case details.

May I know did you test one PNY SD card on 3*C320WS, or 3*PNY SD cards on these cameras?  

To help rule out if it's related to certain SD card, please try to get an SD card from a different manufacture and see if that can be format on the camera. 

To escalate your case, can you share the whole H2tewst result here, and you can attach a photo of the SD card & error message here by click the ' Pic icon' to upload a photo, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 269

Replies: 1

Related Articles