KS230 Line in Satellite Dimmer and Load in Main dimmer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-18 15:52:17 - last edited 2022-12-18 15:54:17
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My home wiring isn't the same as the instructions in the diagram

- My LINE (power when all things are disconnected) is in the SATELLITE dimmer (not the main dimmer as expected)

- My LOAD is in the MAIN dimmer and only get charged when the switch is up on the SATELLITE

- My NEUTRAL is in the MAIN dimmer as expected

Will this configuration work?

I think the big issue is that the NEUTRAL is only in the box which has the LOAD (which contradicts the diagram) ... will the main still get enough power?

When the circuit is off on the SATELLITE my dimmer went flashing RED (doesn't that mean it isn't getting enough power to operate?) ... however when the circuit on the SATELLITE is on then I get the green/yellow flashing and can load on the KASA app (mind you it keeps restarting).

Options
1 Reply
Re:KS230 Line in Satellite Dimmer and Load in Main dimmer
2022-12-27 04:38:22

JSchwartz wrote

My home wiring isn't the same as the instructions in the diagram

- My LINE (power when all things are disconnected) is in the SATELLITE dimmer (not the main dimmer as expected)

- My LOAD is in the MAIN dimmer and only get charged when the switch is up on the SATELLITE

- My NEUTRAL is in the MAIN dimmer as expected

Will this configuration work?

I think the big issue is that the NEUTRAL is only in the box which has the LOAD (which contradicts the diagram) ... will the main still get enough power?

When the circuit is off on the SATELLITE my dimmer went flashing RED (doesn't that mean it isn't getting enough power to operate?) ... however when the circuit on the SATELLITE is on then I get the green/yellow flashing and can load on the KASA app (mind you it keeps restarting).

@JSchwartz 

This looks like a short version of your initial post with diagrams.  I'm going to respond respond to that initial post with some thoughts.. Feel for you :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 1