Connect Android Tapo App to C200 WITHOUT INTERNET via TCP/IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-26 16:34:25
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3

The Tapo along with camera appear to be using ARP or broadcast for self-identification on the same network. Currently the ONLY way to connect the C200 to the android app must be over the Internet, but I am not okay relaying a LIVE feed of my house through your servers. 

I have network setup over VPN through my home and the VPN network has routes into my main home network where the camera is connected. In other words I am behind LOCAL NAT.

I would like to get either a patch or a modified app, that allows me to MANUALLY ADD CAMERA BY IP ADDRESS, and to never have to use the internet or relaying any data via your servers, neither from the android app nor from the camera itself.

This is to conform to personal privacy, and respecting the absolute confidentiality of your customers.

Happy to provide further info as needed.

Do NOT suggest RTSP, because that does NOT provide any access to controlling the camera position, I'd like to be able to leverage all features on the app, not just stream.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect Android Tapo App to C200 WITHOUT INTERNET via TCP/IP
2022-12-26 16:37:18
I understand it works locally while on the same network just fine, the point is to access the camera remotely without going via any of your servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 1

Related Articles