Home/away mode on iOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home/away mode on iOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home/away mode on iOS
Home/away mode on iOS
2023-01-05 08:16:48
Tags: #Bug
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Tapo 2.11.25

Hello, I have an issue with the Tapo app (v. 2.11.25) on iOS.
I'm trying to setup home/away mode for my Tapo C420 cameras, including the alarm configuration, but whenever i close and then re-open the app the alarm is always set on off, while the other motion and notification settings seem to be properly saved. I can't effectively use the home/away mode, and I have to manually change the alarm settings for the cameras one by one each time I am coming home or going away, which takes more time than it should.

Thanks, best regards.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Home/away mode on iOS
2023-01-06 08:57:44 - last edited 2023-01-06 09:00:21

@Matteo8699 

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. 

Do you mean you set Alarm ON in the Away mode, but after switching the Home Away mode, the camera have the Alarm OFF? 

To better understand the issue, can you share a video clip of the behavior on your IOS device. (you may share a video shared link via cloud drive like Google Drive)

May I know the model & OS of your iPhone, thanks! 

Options
2023-01-06 09:15:23

Hi  @Matteo8699 

The tech team was made aware of your issue, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-01-09 21:28:28

@Matteo8699 Hi There, 

I have just set the system up myself, in the "Away Mode" have set the cameras to have NO alarm, just detection and record. Switch back to home mode to reduce number of notifications during the day and save battery power, then when i switch back to away mode the alarm setting is back on with an audible alarm upon detecting motion. 

Have you had any success in resolving, ultimately i want to be in home mode when i choose, no recording no alarms, then when i switch to night mode i want motion detection with AI and no alarms triggered. 

Cheers Adam  

Options
2023-01-11 08:53:11

@AdamMc 

Thank you for the feedback. Do you have the Tapo C420S2 as well? What's the version of your Tapo APP?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-01-11 21:43:56

@Wayne-TP Hi,

Correct i have the C420s2. I am using an Iphone 14 with latest IOS and Tapo V 2.11.25, have also checked that i have the latest firmware installed across all devices 

Options
2023-01-12 07:05:24

@AdamMc 

Thank you for the reply. We would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox later and respond.    

Options
2023-07-13 10:42:59

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, for my this camera C420.. i can only set privacy mode? I cant set alarm, etc...

Options
2023-07-14 10:29:17

@iobai 

It seems like you're creating the Automation, it's not the same as the Home/Away mode feature. 

In the Action list, Tapo camera only supports privacy mode at the moment. You may refer here to learn more information about Tapo Smart Action. 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Tapo camera Home mode and Away mode allow users to adjust camera motion detection, alarm and notification settings with just one click. If this is what you want to achieve, you can refer to this FAQ. 

How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1905

Replies: 8

Tags

Bug