Tapo C210 Wall Mount

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C210 Wall Mount

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo C210 Wall Mount
Tapo C210 Wall Mount
2023-01-08 09:58:42
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm a bit confused on mounting a C210 on the wall.

I watched this video: <https://youtu.be/e263VL6v8yU> (How to Mount Your Tapo Pan&Tilt Wi-Fi Camera to a Wall: Tapo C200/Tapo C210/ TC70)

(I tried very hard to enter that as a link rather than as a URL, but couldn't get it to work. Sorry.)

At the end the video shows the camera mounted like this:

But, if you mount it like that, you get an image like this:

But what I want, is this:

What am I missing here?

Note that this is for observing a cat, so the camera needs to be no more than a meter off the floor and needs to show as much of the floor as possible.

I suspect a wall mount bracket would do the trick, but why doesn't the video suggest this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 Wall Mount
2023-01-09 11:29:58

Hi  @Ratsima 

Thank you for posting. 

The direction of the camera screen is consistent with the direction when the camera is placed flat. Currently, Tapo camera only supports rotating the screen 180 degrees (camera settings--invert image), if your camera is placed 90 degrees vertically on the ground, then the image will also be rotated 90 degrees.

It is recommended that you can adjust the angle of camera placement, such as placing it on furniture, or or installing a bracket on the wall.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo C210 Wall Mount
2023-01-10 08:53:55

@Wayne-TP 

Yes, all of this is painfully obvious once you realize how misleading the video is.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1356

Replies: 2

Related Articles