Votes

KP200 or similar device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

KP200 or similar device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KP200 or similar device
KP200 or similar device
2023-01-08 23:46:52

Hello,

I recently bought a bunch of KP200 from Amazon and they look like a great product here in North America. However it seems to lack the ability to monitor power usage, while for some reason it has nearly useless runtime stats. Do I miss something or can't can't. Or there is indeed no energy monitoring and I should look for another products? Or does the architecture support adding this feature for this device in future?

I also found it to be baffling that the device is absent from this support site. Did I get the outdated device?

Options
2 Reply
Re:KP200 or similar device
2023-02-01 07:59:16

Hello @yevca 

Thank you for reaching out the community

Till now KP200 is the only in-wall model socket, you can find the device here.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/smart-plug/

There are some other smart plug / power strips with energy monitoring feature, like KP303, KP125 etc.

Hope you can find a suitable device soon. 

Options
Re:KP200 or similar device
2023-06-22 00:15:47

@Solla-topee I too have been waiting impatiently for in wall outlets with energy monitoring. i have replaced nearly every lightswitch in my house with Kasa switches, and i love them and have had zero issues with them. i have several kp200, and was unpleasantly surprised to find that they lack energy monitoring, AFTER they were fully installed and configured. i currently have need for 8 to 10 more, but am very reluctant to install these without energy monitoring, as no one i have messaged with will confirm that this either is a feature that can be added thru a firmware update, or that it is not a feature that can be added via firmware. to be frank, i am very seriously considering the ghome WO1-1 (https://www.amazon.com/GHome-Smart-WO1-1-Outlet-White/dp/B09JZDSLNC?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1) because it does have energy monitoring. the ONLY thing stopping me at this point is home assistant local control. the ghome is a tuya device which lacks fully local control, and despite their promises, tuya is yet to implement their fully local integration. 

Cmon folks, ive been asking for and about this for over a year. 

with that said, if anyone knows of a fully local, in wall solution with both plugs controlled, in home assistant, with energy monitoring, communication protocol os irrelevant since i already use sone of everything, please message me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.