Pairing EP25 Smart Plug to Kasa App on iOS 16.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-01 12:54:23
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.06

When I try to pair to the Kasa app during the join wifi step the single iOS prompt option is to both join the TP- device wifi as well as add the device to Home.  The good news is the device completes pairing, but to Home only.  The bad news is with the device out of pairing mode it is unable to complete pairing to the Kasa iOS app (so no energy usage or firmware updates).  Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Pairing EP25 Smart Plug to Kasa App on iOS 16.1
2023-02-02 05:43:45

Hello  @tacos 

Thank you very much for the case report and sharing case details!

If you failed to add the Kasa device to HomeKit in the kasa app, here are some tips that should help: 

1) Ensure to select the correct kasa model - model EP25
2)  Please follow the steps in Kasa App to setup the smart device when the app direct to Kasa Smart Wifi SSID, when the iPhone prompts to go to Home app ignore the message and continue the setup in Kasa APP
3) Ensure VPN is off

If you continue to face the issue, can you share a video clip or screenshots of the issue  and help collect the APP log ( I shared via PM)
Can I know the model and OS of the phone: iOS 16.1
Kasa APP version: 
Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 217

Replies: 1