Kass bulb won't connect to my WiFi but will connect to my mobile hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-02 13:52:12
Model: KL135P2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm going crazy. I cannot get my Kass or Tapo smart bulbs to connect to my home wifi network. I've already returned the tapo bulbs but I really don't want to have to return Kasa too! I've reset my router and modem already. I've reset the bulbs. I was curious and tried using my mobile hotspot and IT WORKED! clearly something with my WiFi network but I've googled for days and tried everything! What am I missing??? Help! 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kass bulb won't connect to my WiFi but will connect to my mobile hotspot
2023-02-03 01:13:55

@Rissag 

If the bulb can connect a Hotspot Wifi network but not your Home Wifi network, this may require checking some settings on Wi-Fi router/ modem

•  Please refer to FAQ here for more detailed troubleshooting suggestion based on the error message in the kasa app. 

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

• You can try to adjust the firewall settings on the modem & router temporarily
  • Wireless security: WPA/WPA2+AES is recommended
  • Change the wireless channel to 1, 6, or 11 and channel width to 20MHz of the router and configure the smart device again.
  •  For dual-band or Mesh router, use a different SSID (Wi-Fi name) for the 5Ghz band from 2.4Ghz  if possible

If you continue to face the same issue, may I know the model of Wifi router, a photo of router Wireless settings, the photo of error message in the kasa app, thank you. 

Options
2023-02-03 02:01:12

@Solla-topee 

I have tried every troubleshooting option... 

Here is the router.. 

D-Link AC1750 High-Power Wi-Fi Gigabit Router, Dual Band, MU-MIMO, QoS, SmartConnect, 3X3 Wireless, 4 Gigabit Ports, WiFi Coverage, 4 High-Power External Antennas Plus High-Power Amplifier (DIR-867)

My settings are attached as a screenshot... 

The error I get simply says cannot connect smart bulb to your home wifi network.. 

I know it has to be some advanced firewall setting or something on my router that I'm missing. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Options
2023-02-04 04:45:40

@Solla-topee I forgot to mention. I have Globe bulbs as well and they have no problem connecting to my network. As well as Tuya. For some reason it's just the Tapo and Kasa bulbs. 

Options
2023-02-08 04:47:31

@Rissag 

Hello

You may give your ISP a call and check if there is any firewall on the router or modem.

We create a support email to help with your case,TKID230213289,. Please check your email inbox. Can you share the Wifi settings of router to us via email or forum,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 4