Issue with HS210 since firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 21:09:55 - last edited 2023-02-07 21:17:50
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have been using five HS210 switches for more than a year now with no issues, however after a recent firmware upgrade to all devices, I'm having issues with the lights occasionally flashing on and off. This usually happens about every 1-3 hours, but occasionally can be a few times an hour. I noticed the wifi indicator on the switches turns green momentarily and turns back off when this happens. I also noticed if I reset the switches and do not add to the Kasa app, I do not have this issue at all, rendering it effectively a dumb switch. When I do add the lights to the app, they turn on and off normally from both the switch and the app, I just experience this intermittent flashing.

I generally block the lights from accessing the internet, which I thought may be driving this issue, but it seems to happen when they are able to access the internet as well. I also have five HS220 switches that did not have a firmware upgrade and are all operating normally despite being blocked from accessing the internet. These switches are literally right beside the malfunctioning HS210s and all devices appear to have a strong wifi connection.

It doesn't appear to be an option to downgrade firmware, so I'm at a complete loss for ideas here. Thanks in advance to anyone with ideas or suggestions!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with HS210 since firmware upgrade
2023-02-08 13:48:55

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for responding, but I think you may have replied to the wrong thread? I'm not using any TP-Link cameras or voice control.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 400

Replies: 1

Related Articles