HS210 Keeps resetting to factory default

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-09 23:57:10 - last edited 2021-12-28 05:51:51
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hi all

I have quite a few (over 20) Kasa smart switches in my house, a combination of HS200, HS210 and HS220. All but one of them works great.

One of the HS210 switches has been working great for a couple of months, and then I noticed it had been factory reset. I didn't know why, but I was able to go through the install process again to reconnect it to the network and it seemed to be working fine again. However, within a short period of time it had reset itself again. Other than physically pulling it from the wall I've tried everything I can think of to get it working again (including a manual factory reset), but nothing works.

It doesn't even work manually now to switch on the lights. It's blinking orange and green, and if I switch on the lights with it they come on, but then it resets itself again within a minute and turns off the lights again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for anything else I could try? 

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS210 Keeps resetting to factory default-Solution
2021-12-27 17:35:36 - last edited 2021-12-28 05:51:51

Hello @Solla-topee 

Thank you for your response.

I did end up pulling the HS210 out and replaced it with another. That one works fine so far.

It is installed with an ordinary 3-way switch on the other end.

I have contacted support and they mentioned I would receive a contact about returning the unit for replacement. It has not happened yet, but I assume the delay is due to the holiday season.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards

Jeff

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:HS210 Keeps resetting to factory default
2021-12-16 13:20:06 - last edited 2021-12-16 13:22:33

Hello @JeffL 

Sorry for the late reply, can you share the Mac address & hardware version of that HS210 to us via private message?

Can you help describe how you notice the switch is factory reset? Did you try to press the ' Reset button' for 10 secs to factory it? 

Do you have HS210 with the same hardware version work fine in the same network? Can I know the model of router, thank you

Options
2021-12-17 16:39:54

Thank you for your response @Solla-topee

I have messaged you directly with the details.

Best regards

Jeff

Options
2021-12-22 10:00:35 - last edited 2021-12-22 10:08:32

Hello @JeffL 

Thank you for providing the case details in pm.

I did not notice that even manually HS210 can't turn on the light, if so, please pull the switch out of wall box and checking the wiring of HS210 first.  

1. Ensure the wires are still properly connected, not getting loose (cut off breaker and test with a voltage tester before tug the wires)

Here is a set-up video to examine the wiring of HS210:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/hs210-kit/

2. If you have more HS210 , try to replace the problematic HS210.

May I know how about the LED on 2 * HS210, WiFi led and White Circle. Do you use them as a KIT or with an ordinary 3 way switch?

If you ensure the wires are properly connected, and manually smart switch still can not turn on the light, as the switch has been working fine for a few months, it could be a faulty unit,  I recommend to contact retailer or local support to get it replaced under warranty.

Options
Re:HS210 Keeps resetting to factory default-Solution
2021-12-27 17:35:36 - last edited 2021-12-28 05:51:51

Hello @Solla-topee 

Thank you for your response.

I did end up pulling the HS210 out and replaced it with another. That one works fine so far.

It is installed with an ordinary 3-way switch on the other end.

I have contacted support and they mentioned I would receive a contact about returning the unit for replacement. It has not happened yet, but I assume the delay is due to the holiday season.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards

Jeff

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-12-28 05:51:40

Hello @JeffL 

Thank you sharing and updating here and let us know!

Hope everything goes well while get this unit replaced.

Merry Christmas!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 5