HS210 Flashing On and Off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-19 20:33:55
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have searched the forum but can't seen to find an answer.  I purchsed the HS210 and can not get it correctly configured.  I only purchased one switch to control both light switches (one upstairs and one downstairs).  The bottom switch did not have a nut with nuetral wires, so I did not use that outlet.  As for the top, I wired everything correctly (I believe) and since my condo was built in 1985, it did not have a ground unit going into the switch I am wanting to replace.  On the upstairs switch (the one I am putting the HS210 in), I turned on the breaker and it is clicking the light on and off with a orange light.  When I turn the switch off downstairs, the unit does not do anything upstairs.  Is that something with the traveler wires?  The load is working correctly since it does receive power, correct?  I am a beginner with wiring, and trying to learn.  I am attaching pics of the set up.  Thanks.

Ricky  

File:
20200819_160935.jpgDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS210 Flashing On and Off
2020-08-20 06:08:54

@Rickdog99 

Good day.

Did you only replace upstairs dumb switch whose outlet has neutral wire with a single HS210?

And currently, the problem is :

There is no response for the light when you press the downstairs switch?

There are some tips to check the wires

Each HS210 has 5 wires: two travelers, one ground(not necessary), one neutral (provide power for itself), live or load wire(if one HS210 is connected to live, the other HS210 would be connected by load).

So if you press the physical switch on HS210, then press again, the big round circle would be off then back on white, the switches have itself powered properly; ----so you did not miss the neutral wires for both;

More details about the wireshttps://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2009/

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:HS210 Flashing On and Off
2020-08-20 19:01:57

@Brook

HI Brook

I replaced upstairs dumb switch that had the neutral wires already bundled with one single HS210 unit.   As for the downstair switch, it does stil turn on and off the light.  The problem I am having is the HS210 switch upstairs makes the light click on and off repeatdly with the amber/orange color reflected on the unit.  I have the read the FAQ and am stumped.  I could try to hook the unit into the downstairs dumb switch and it has the 2 travelers, no ground, a wire that appears to be a neutral wire not currently plugged into anything, and the live/common wire.  Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1118

Replies: 2

Related Articles