Issues with hs210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues with hs210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Issues with hs210
Issues with hs210
2020-05-20 18:43:12
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just installed hs210 (just one unit) and noticed a few things. The switch seems to work with other switch properly in terms of on/off functionality working as expecred, but:

1. When lights should be off, the LED lights seem to still be on but in a very low power mode (almost like on a dimmer set to low)

2. When I turn the lights on using kasa app, it works and the app shows the light is on, but then in a few seconds it switches back to saying the light is off (even though the light remains on). If I hit the button again, it turns the light off (and the status indicator says the light is turned on , but then switches to off again after a few seconds). It's almost like telling the app is just saying to toggle the light, and it always wants to be in the off state and I tell the app to turn the light on in order to toggle)

Any ideas why this is happening?? The only wiring mistake i can think of is switching the load line with a traveler, but then I think the switching wouldnt work properly which is not the case here. 

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with hs210
2020-05-26 10:50:10

@KasaUser 

It's suggested first to confirm the wiring of the HS210, which can only work in a 3-way switch environment. To replace a common 3-way switch with HS210, be sure to connect the neutral wire of the HS210 to your power grid so that HS210 can work as expected. :

HS210 Installation FAQ Content

If you're not sure if your wiring is correct or not, please kindly send us a picture of your wiring diagram.

Options
Re:Issues with hs210
2020-11-19 02:04:53

@KasaUser The HS210 will work fine in a single application. 

If power comes from lamp end switch, it powers one or the other of  the "Traveler'' contacts and that powers the circuit. 

'

Options