Tapo TC70 Camera - Alarm at 10pm every night.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-27 10:17:31
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.22

At 10pm GMT every night the alarm on my camera sounds. It sounds about 6 times, then silences itself.

To my knowledge, no alarms or notifications are set. The Camera Alarm toggle is off.

Happening since new about a week ago.

Is it just a case of resetting and adding back as a new camera?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo TC70 Camera - Alarm at 10pm every night.
2023-02-28 06:03:59

@SteveWex 

It's a great step to check the Alarm settings and you can also check Home/Away settings

• Tapo APP ->below camera  Live view page-> Alarm> toggle it OFF, and it should show ' Alarm off' 
  • Double-check the Home/ Away  settings and see if the Alarm is ON in Home or Away Mode and the camera is in the Home/Away mode? 
  • Ensure device firmware & Tapo APP are both up to date

If still the same, please share the MAC address of the camera via PM and let us know the time when the Alarm goes off and your time zone. Thank you. 

Options
Re:Tapo TC70 Camera - Alarm at 10pm every night.
2023-02-28 17:45:36
All that is checked and as you can see by my screen grab, all alarms are off, yet the device continues to sound at 10pm every night. I have now unplugged the device and will be returning it for a refund.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 2

Related Articles