Avoid accidentally turning off plug when device is in use (Feature Request)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-28 13:40:48
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've got a lot of smart plugs around my house, and 99% of them are TP link ones. They are fantastic.
I also have them set up with my voice assistant.

However, some of the devices I have attached to the smart plugs (such as my PC and 3D Printers), I don't want to be accidentally turned off when they are in use because of a slip of the finger, or the voice assistant mis-hearing me.

The P110 already has the feature to automatically turn off when the power level exceeds a certain wattage, but I would like a feature which offers the opposite.

If I monitored how much draw my PC has when in use, then I could set the limit to just below that, and it means that if I use the voice assistant to try and turn it off when it's in use, it won't turn it off, and if I do so through the app, it will double check I want to continue before doing it.

This would be a fantastic safety buffer to ensure you didnt have devices powering down accidentally when in use. 

TP-Link, Please PLEASE add this feature!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Avoid accidentally turning off plug when device is in use (Feature Request)
2023-06-08 08:13:12

@ByteSlinger I have a similar usage case. I bought the plug only to monitor the power usage on my home router and server. If I ever hit "off" accidentally, I can't turn it back on because.. well... the plug powers the router which provides connectivity.

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 362

Replies: 1