Tapo C200 activity zone not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 08:51:26
Tags: #Motion Detection #Activity Zone
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

My camera points at the front yard. The top half of the screen is a public road. I set the activity zone to be the smallest possible - the bottom right corner which is far away from the road, but I still get notifications whenever a car goes past.

Settings:

Motion detection - on

Motion sensitivity - low

AI detection - off

Activity notifications - on

Activity type - motion detection only

Motion tracking - on

App version: 2.15.0 (latest version)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 activity zone not working
2023-03-14 03:26:26

Hello  @TapoC200User 

Thank you for the feedback, it is recommended to double-check if there is any movement or change of light in the triggered motion detection video clips,  motion detection could be triggered at the time when the camera captures an image change caused by moving objects or change of light. Please check some tips here in FAQ here to reduce unwanted detection activities

How to reduce motion detections from rain,snow or insects

•  Confirm Tapo camera firmware and Tapo APP are both up to date

•  Adjust Activity Zone and avoid the area that has frequent movements  e.g. Exclude the area with light changes  like sunset/sunrise, car light, leaves waving in the wind etc.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 1

Tags

Motion Detection
Activity Zone