KL135 Bulb does not turn off completey

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-23 06:45:37
Model: KL135  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Hi,

By bulb does not completely turn off when I use the app, it emits a low level of light constantly. It also seems to take a long time for Orange to be displayed. Blue / Green are instant but Orange takes a few seconds to change - this includes when Orange is a preset and set as an 'ON state', the bulb starts as bright and then eventually changes to Orange

This would be fine if I wanted a night light but that is not it's purpose. Surely it isn't supposed to be that way?

If I turn the lamp off at the wall it obviously loses power and the light goes off. But this is no help as I then can't use the app

I've tried a soft reset, hard reset and moving it to a different lamp. Any other ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:KL135 Bulb does not turn off completey
2023-03-24 01:10:01

Hello  @Nathan_L 

thank you for reaching out to the community.

If the bulb does not completely go off, you could try a different light fixture and see if it's related to a certain light fixture. 

For the two problems you mentioned, can you provide a video shared link for us to better understand what happened. 

May I know is this a new bulb?  Do you have other kasa bulbs to replace this bulb to help isolate the issue, thanks!

Options
2023-03-26 07:37:38

@Solla-topee Thanks for your reply

I've tried a different light fixture but not luck there either

This is indeed a new bulb (and my first Kasa bulb), so it may be faulty? I have another brand of bulbs in the house which are all ok

If no other ideas, I'll take a photo of the light but it's basically like it's stuck on the fully dimmed setting

Options
2023-03-27 02:19:35 - last edited 2023-03-27 02:20:05

Hello   @Nathan_L 

That would be good if you could share a photo of the bulb to demonstrate the issue. 

If you have tried a factory reset the bulb, tried a different lamp, you could consider getting a replacement by with our local support or the retailer under the device warranty. 

How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart bulb?

Feel free to let us know if the replacement unit works for you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 3

Related Articles