Tapo care always recording PROBLEM, enable feature for a timeset like alarm and notifications.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo care always recording PROBLEM, enable feature for a timeset like alarm and notifications.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-24 11:32:42 - last edited 2023-04-04 01:31:07
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello, i have a Tapo c310 and i am on the free trial of Tapo care, but i want the camera to record motion only during the time i set for notifcation and allarm(night) not during the day, its recording private info whitout my consent and in the app there is no option to disable recording or put timestamps, the only way is to quit the Tapo Care... Im looking forward to your response.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo care always recording PROBLEM, enable feature for a timeset like alarm and notifications.-Solution
2023-03-27 03:54:37 - last edited 2023-04-04 01:31:07

@fgffam 

Good day, thank you for the post and raising your concern here! 

Tapo camera has a feature, privacy mode, which allows you to stop the camera live stream and video recordings when there is no such need. In addition, combines with the Smart Action--Automation--Trigger Time feature, you can schedule the privacy mode ON or OFF whenever you needed. 

How to use Privacy Mode of my Tapo camera

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo care always recording PROBLEM, enable feature for a timeset like alarm and notifications.-Solution
2023-03-27 03:54:37 - last edited 2023-04-04 01:31:07

@fgffam 

Good day, thank you for the post and raising your concern here! 

Tapo camera has a feature, privacy mode, which allows you to stop the camera live stream and video recordings when there is no such need. In addition, combines with the Smart Action--Automation--Trigger Time feature, you can schedule the privacy mode ON or OFF whenever you needed. 

How to use Privacy Mode of my Tapo camera

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo care always recording PROBLEM, enable feature for a timeset like alarm and notifications.
2023-04-03 07:50:46

@Wayne-TP 

Thank you for your help, this solved it, i didnt know about this feature
Francesco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 403

Replies: 2