How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?

How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?

35 Reply
Re:How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?
2023-11-24 11:41:08

@Kuldeep_Kumar 

I'm always looking for a scenario. I hope the development team takes this topic seriously...
Options
Re:How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?
2023-11-24 11:54:46

@Kuldeep_Kumar 

If you’re not using the motion sensors for anything else, then you should be able to set up an automation with a shortcut button on the home page of your app for that. Better yet… connect the automation to a smart button. I have some similar rules set up with lights for mine. Basically you have one automation set up where detection of motion on any of the 6 sensors triggers the alarm. Then set up the shortcut to turn that automation on/off.

Options
2023-11-24 16:28:48
Yes, still waiting as the ability to enable/disable notifications is the single most important gestire still missing.
Options
2023-11-25 04:48:34

@Meteorites Sorry for the confusion but I am not looking to set up automation for triggering the alarm when sensors detect motion. I already have that set up. I am looking for a feature where I can disable/ enable notifications for all the 6 sensors in just one tap rather than going through the settings page for each of them and then manually enabling/ disabling notifications. I need that because I am the admin and I have put my parents as guests on the app. Now if I do not disable the notification for these sensors then our phones (including my parent's) will receive unnecessary notifications from these sensors when we are at home. The only way to avoid this when admin disable the notifications.

Options
2023-11-25 06:06:53

@Kuldeep_Kumar 

I'm just trying to understand why you wouldn't simply turn off the main automation instead. Without that, there's nothing to trigger a notification. I'm obviously missing an important point here but I'm just not sure what it is. 

Granted, I do agree that more control over notifications would be really helpful. And also maybe a few different levels of "guest" access. (i.e. some higher levels of access than what we have right now.)

Options
2023-11-27 08:44:58
In the smartphone application, go to the "Me" tab, then tap on "Notifications". There is a "Device notifications" switch. I use that to turn on/off all notifications. And this is the feature I would like to be added to the automations: the ability to global switch notifications on/off.
Options
2023-12-13 06:26:59

@Meteorites Thanks for responding to my message and apologize for responding late. 

To answer your query let me explain the situation:

We have the tapo app installed on three mobile devices. One for me (I have the admin rights). Two on my parent's (They are guests). I have shared the sensors with my parents.

The fact is, disabling the main automation still triggers notifications for sensors. Because sensors have their own notification setting and it will send the notification once they sense any movement. Disabling the automation will only help in disabling the buzzer on the tapo hub. 

If I don't disable the notifications individually for each sensor then they continue to send the notifications to my and my parent's mobile devices and this is the reason I want to have a feature to disable notifications for sensors with the help of automation/ shortcuts. Disabling the notification of each sensor on my mobile app will also disable it for my parents.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Options
2023-12-13 06:28:46

@Simone35  Thanks for responding to my message and apologize for responding late.

I have tried disabling the notifications through 'Me' tab but the things is it only disables the notifications for me and not for my parent's mobile devices (they are guest on the tapo app). Plus it also disables some notifications that I would like to keep like person detection on my tapo cameras.

Options
2023-12-13 14:14:29

@Kuldeep_Kumar Yes, I see, this is the solution I apply when I want to disable all notifications on my smartphone only. Surely the perfect solution would be the ability to enable/disable the single device notifications for all (or some) application's instances.

Options
2023-12-13 15:27:36 - last edited 2023-12-13 15:28:04

@Kuldeep_Kumar 

English os not my native language so excuse me

I am in the same situation as you, with annoying notifications when i'm at home so ive to disable each sensor when am back an renable each one when i leave...

very strange to not have this possibility on app

I would like also to simply recevie a notification when hub alarm is triggered but it'n not possible

i've changed for tapo but a came from a xiaomi hub and it was very simple to enable disable alarm and notification as a single tap

Ive asked the same qustion as you (https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/645712?page=1)  and i've had a answer with the new smart action features coming

it is in beta version but many features seems very interesting, I hope it will be really quickly avalable for stable version because with the actual app, it' really complicated to use security devices

Options
Related Articles