How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?

How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?

35 Reply
Re:How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?
2023-12-13 15:54:01

@yoshi74 Hi Yoshi!

Thanks a ton for pointing me to the beta release of the app. I just messaged Wayne to grant me access to the beta version of the app. I will keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks again for all the help :) 

Options
Re:How to enable or disable motion detector notifications with a scenario or automation ?
2023-12-13 17:23:07

@yoshi74 I replied to that thread, that notification feature has nothing to do related to what we are asking. 

Options
2023-12-13 19:04:58 - last edited 2023-12-13 19:07:28

@Simone35 

Wayne replied to my thread

" Check out the new feature added in the upcoming Smart Action 2.0! "Notification" will be available as an action, add a "Notification" action to the automation rules that you want to be notified! "

maybe i've missed something, i'm still waiting to be part of the beta so i don't have tried

If it's really just a notification when i lauch a scneario you're right that's not the problem...

Options
2023-12-13 20:08:20

@yoshi74 I can confirm you. I'm a beta tester, and just tried. It just sends you a notification when the automation is activated. A "one shot" confirmation notification, so useless for our problem. 

Options
2023-12-13 20:30:14
It's a real shame, it's a big problem with this hub that it's unusable as an easy-to-use alarm
Options
2023-12-15 19:19:36 - last edited 2023-12-15 19:23:02

@Simone35 

I've received the beta update and this is perfect

I can now add a notification action in the automation

Now I"ve all individial sensors notification disable and only a global automation witch send me a notification when one oh the motion sensor is acivated or a door open

I just have to enable / disabe this global automation when a leave / come back home and receive my notification for all sensors

I've also seen that we can enable disable this automation just with phone location

Thanks Wayne for the invitation, i'm really happy with these new features

Options
2023-12-17 09:56:20

@Vincent_D 

"I've also seen that we can enable disable this automation just with phone location" : Excellent !!!!

Thank you for the information yes

Options
2023-12-17 17:00:10

@yoshi74 wait, how did you do it? the location activated automation is USELESS, we need to be able to activate an automation while STILL ON LOCATION (activate a peripherical alarm while Im am still at home). Besides that, how do you enable that globally? 

Options
2023-12-17 18:39:33 - last edited 2023-12-17 18:42:09

@Simone35 

I dont have tried with location of the phone , when I say I disable it when i'm home and enable it when a leave, i mean that I do it manually by taping on the shortcuts

but this is the feature a was looking i can enable and disable easily all my sensors in only 1 action when I arrive / quit my house and this is synchronized between all the phones of the house, whereas enable / disable global notifications of app is not

see my screenshots on my thread

Options
2023-12-26 14:35:18

@Vincent_D 

English is not my first language so excuse me.

I have the same problem with the motion sensor notifications. I became a member of beta edition but i still have not found a solution to my problem. 

When I am at home and have disabled the shortcut, I still get notifications from the motion sensors.

How can I limit the number of notifications I receive by enabling it with a shortcut?

Will there be a future update with this feature?

Thank you!

Options
Related Articles