AI Person Detection broken after last firmware update 1.3.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-19 14:13:19 - last edited 2023-05-16 10:26:23
Tags: #Motion Detection #Tapo Care #AI person detection
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

After the last firmware update 1.3.5, every movement detection also triggers a person detection, which makes the AI person detection useless in my Tapo c200 camera. Can you please fix it or let me return to the older version that worked perfectly?

tapo-c200-ai-person-broken

Options
1 Accepted Solution
AI Person Detection broken after firmware update-Solution
2023-05-16 10:26:17 - last edited 2023-05-16 10:56:20

Hello everyone, we have received some feedback about the AI detection problem of Tapo Camera after updating the firmware to 1.3.5. If your Tapo camera encounters similar problems, check more details below.

*Start a new thread if the problem phenomenon is different.

*Reply to this thread if your camera model is not mentioned but it has the same phenomenon. 

This Solution Applies To:

Tapo C100/C200, TC60/TC70

Issue description/ Phenomenon

The cameras in the Tapo Care plan, with both Motion Detection and AI (Person) Detection enabled, after updating the firmware, every motion detection will trigger a duplicate AI (person) detection while there is no actual person detection event. 

Solution

We have made beta firmware for the affected models, we would like to invite you to join the beta test!

How can I apply for the beta firmware?

Please email support.forum@tp-link.com with the Title [Forum ID 606468] Model + Duplicate Person DetectionPlease include your TP-Link ID, Firmware and hardware version of your camera in the email.

How to update beta firmware: Beta update is the same as normal Tapo firmware update, refer to the instruction here: How to update the firmware of Tapo devices in the Tapo App

Note: The Beta firmware will be pushed to your TP-Link ID through the cloud, please ensure your camera stays online in order to receive the beta firmware. 

Be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:AI Person Detection broken after last firmware update 1.3.5
2023-04-20 02:26:35

@giovannirosa 

Hello! Thank you for the feedback. Please try to leave the person detection enabled only, disable motion detection and other detections, test if the problem still occurs. 

What type of movement occurred in the video? Vehicles, pets?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-20 18:25:32
Thanks for your response. Most movement detections are vehicles, and just a few are cats. If I turn off movement detection, I might lose important events, right? In my view, movement detection and person detection are two separate categories that catch different events. It was working fine before the last update, movements were movements, and persons were persons. I do not trust AI person detection enough to leave only it activated. I tested leaving only the person detection activated, and it does not record other movements. I want to record movements and persons, and I don't want to categorize any movement as a person. This was a very important feature for me to pay for the Tapo Care subscription since I'm using it for security. Please fix it, or let me return to the previous version that worked fine. Otherwise, I'll need to reconsider using this camera.
Options
2023-04-25 06:15:26

@giovannirosa 

The suggestion is for testing purpose only. Please confirm if the AI (person) detection works independently. You can try to trigger the detection by working in front of the camera. 

Options
2023-04-26 11:31:16

@Wayne-TP yes, the person detection works independently, but loses a lot of events as expected.

Options
2023-04-28 06:18:43

@giovannirosa 

Thank you for the update. The tech team was made aware of the problem, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Options
2023-04-28 23:39:41

@Wayne-TP Hello. I am having the exact same issue. I have followed the suggestions and even with only person detection on I am getting recordings of cars etc. I've tried all sorts with the settings amd it's very frustrating! 

Options
2023-04-29 00:50:49

@MotherMagpie they launched a new firmware version 1.3.6 that fixed for me!

Options
2023-04-29 06:48:13

giovannirosa wrote

@MotherMagpie they launched a new firmware version 1.3.6 that fixed for me!

@giovannirosa 

Did you get the update as a beta/test or is it an official release?

Options
2023-04-29 16:47:36

@KalleKat sorry guys, I didn't notice before but they said it's a beta version for me, so probably it's not available for everyone yet. But the new version fixed the issue. I already replied them that it worked, so they should launch it soon.

Options
2023-04-29 20:53:32
Hope they release it soon then! Thanks for the update :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1092

Replies: 14

Tags

Motion Detection Tapo Care
AI person detection
Related Articles