Votes

Alarm Trigger from H100 to Phone when S200B is pressed to create intelligent doorbell with C320

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Alarm Trigger from H100 to Phone when S200B is pressed to create intelligent doorbell with C320

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-25 07:05:13
Model: Tapo H100   Tapo C320WS   Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Modules included:

- Camera e.g. C320

- H100 Hub

- S200B Smart Button

The S200B is mounted at the entrance and connected to the H100 in the house. An intelligent action is running that when somebody presses the S200B the H100 sounds and this works.

The C320 is mounted at the entrance so I see who is there and I can listen and speak to the person.

The following features should be considered.

Minimum scenario Feature Basic:

I get a clear and insisting alarm in my smartphone when somebody presses the bell and the Hub rings.

Optimal scenario:

When somebody presses the bell I get a clear and insisting alarm and automatically the app opens with the video feed of the C320

No changes are needed on the HW and especially the Feature Basic is a very obvious feature

Options
7 Reply
Re:Alarm Trigger from H100 to Phone when S200B is pressed to create intelligent doorbell with C320
2023-04-28 09:48:59

@bmwtroll 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this post.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Alarm Trigger from H100 to Phone when S200B is pressed to create intelligent doorbell with C320
2023-04-29 19:50:55
Hi, would also like to add a request for same feature as OP for smart phone notifications when S200B button is pressed (ie, for doorbell or SOS button). Currently the S200B button only sounds notifications on the hub which is pretty useless if i'm not close enough to actually hear it, if S200B button would send notifications to my phone i could hear it anywhere i have my phone, even if i'm away from home. i bought 2 of the S200B buttons along with the H100 hub, 2 T110 door contact sensors and a T100 PIR sensor to help care for my elderly mother, the intention was that if i receive a phone notification i could then check to make sure she is okay. however the option for notifications apears to be missing for the S200B buttons, there is no option in the tapo app for the buttons to send phone notifications like the door switches and PIR already does, it just seems strange to exclude an important feature from only one of the devices of this system. if you could get back to me and let me know if this is a software error (and if/when any fix is impending), or by design (i hope not) so i can make a decision on wether to wait for software update or return the whole kit and find something else more suitable. Regards, Jeff :)
Options
RE:Alarm Trigger from H100 to Phone when S200B is pressed to create intelligent doorbell with C320
2023-05-09 10:29:16 - last edited 2023-05-09 10:29:33

@BustaUK 

Hi,
The Tapo S200B doesn't support the notification now, but I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate. And if this feature is available on the product, we will upload the information on our official website in time on the product page. And please pay attention to the changes on the product page.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-11 22:42:13

@Solla-topee okay thankyou, i have a bit more time before the return window closes at amazon, but as it is i strongly feel the product doesn't fit the description "smart doorbell" as advertised, without notifications it just a basic wireless doorbell with a chime.

Options
Re:Alarm Trigger from H100 to Phone when S200B is pressed to create intelligent doorbell with C320
2023-05-11 22:46:40

i guess the main thing i want to know, is;

Is it intentional that this smart button doesn't have smart notifications? (or is it a software error and these are really supposed to have this feature?)

Options
2023-05-12 09:37:34

@BustaUK 

Hi,
As you can see on the introduction page of the Tapo S200B on the official website, it does not design to have the smart notification feature.
Tapo S200B>Overview

However, the notification feature is useful in some usage scenarios, so we log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate. 
Best Regards

Options
2023-05-15 15:57:38

@Solla-topee okey thanks, in that case i shall return these items right away, thankyou for confirming.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 483

Replies: 7

Voters 3