how to (only) view tapo camera from android/iOS mobile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-18 04:42:16 - last edited 2023-05-19 06:22:41
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Hi all,

I have a Tapo C310 camera and it works very fine.

I can set it up and control from my mobile, everything is fine and works good.

The camera stores locally on a microSD.

Now, I would like to view, ONLY view and watch, the camera from other mobiles as well.

I DO NOT want those mobiles have the chance to modify or change any settings, only to view the camera.

Possibly for both android and iOS.

Do you know whether it's possible or not?

thanks!

marco

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:how to (only) view tapo camera from android/iOS mobile-Solution
2023-05-19 06:18:51 - last edited 2023-05-19 06:22:41

@alemadama 

Hi,
You can check if sharing the camera with other TP-Link accounts can meet your inquiry. Below is the detailed instruction.
How to share your Tapo smart devices with your families?

However, with the latest Tapo app, you can share the Tapo camera with up to 5 different accounts, and these accounts have the Live View, Talk, Voice Call, Pan& Tilt, and Playback&Memory features enabled(The doorbell camera also has Quick response and Ringcall features enabled) but unable to change other camera settings.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:how to (only) view tapo camera from android/iOS mobile-Solution
2023-05-19 06:18:51 - last edited 2023-05-19 06:22:41

@alemadama 

Hi,
You can check if sharing the camera with other TP-Link accounts can meet your inquiry. Below is the detailed instruction.
How to share your Tapo smart devices with your families?

However, with the latest Tapo app, you can share the Tapo camera with up to 5 different accounts, and these accounts have the Live View, Talk, Voice Call, Pan& Tilt, and Playback&Memory features enabled(The doorbell camera also has Quick response and Ringcall features enabled) but unable to change other camera settings.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:how to (only) view tapo camera from android/iOS mobile
2023-05-19 06:25:43
Hi solla-topee, thank you! the only issue with sharing is the 5 minutes timeout of inactivity! that makes no sense considering that there is no activity in watching... and timeout in a security camera makes no sense at all
Options
2023-05-19 11:13:57

@alemadama 

Hi Marco,
If you mean the phone that logged in with sharing account need to press YES/CONTINUE to resume the live stream every 5 minutes when connecting to the same 2.4G Wi-Fi network as the camera, please refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

You can also try to reboot the phone, enable Airplane mode and disable it on the phone, and then check if the phone can stream the camera without 5 minutes limitation.
Please also check if the phone logged in with the owner account works fine when connecting to the same Wi-Fi network.

If you encounter other issues, please describe the problem phenomenon and usage scenario in detail.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-19 17:59:28

Hi Solla-topee, thank you for your suggestions.

All the mobiles (I tried with tablets or phones) are without SIM card, they can only connect via WiFi.

They are always on the same wifi home network of the Tapo Camera.

If I connect the mobiles (tablets or phones, android or iOS) using the owner account, they work fine and the streaming is without any stop.

When I connect them with a "shared" account, I get the issue: tablet or phone, android or iOS.

I followed the troubleshooting but it didnt sort out the issue...

It seems it's due to some limit assigned to the "shared" accounts....

thanks, regards

marco

Options
2023-05-25 07:18:22

any help here?

Options
2023-05-25 12:44:23

@alemadama 

Hi Marco,
I see your new post on forum ID 609508 regarding the same case, I'll delete the new post, and follow up on this case on this thread. Your understanding is highly appreciated!

In this case, please help confirm if any other devices are streaming the camera using the owner account/shared account/RTSP when you stream the camera with the shared account on your device. If yes, it may cause the phenomenon that you need to press "YES/CONTINUE" to resume the live stream every 5 minutes.

You can turn off the camera, wait for two minutes, and turn it back on and wait until the LED on the camera is solid green, then ensure no devices stream the camera, login to the Tapo app with the shared account on your device when connecting to the same Wi-Fi network, and check if you can stream the camera without the "YES/CONTINUE" notice.

Best Regards

Options
2023-05-25 15:32:38 - last edited 2023-05-26 08:59:34

@Solla-topee 

thank you for your suggestion.

You can delete the post ID 609508: it wasn't't born as a double of this one, simply this was created with different needs but then moved on the same request of ID 609508...

I just tried the procedure you suggested:

1. turned off the camera

2. every account logged off

3. waiting for 2 minutes

4. turned on the camera

5. when stable, logged in with a shared account (and no other accounts logged in for 40 minutes)

6. the issue hasn't occurred while that shared account was the only one logged in

7. after 40 minutes, logged in with also the owner account, leaving the shared one logged in

8. the issue still doesn't occur on neither devices

9. logoff the shared account and log on again (leaving the owner still logged in)

10. the issue starts occurring again on the shared account...

11. even logging off the owner account leaving the shared one as the unique account logged in, the issue keep going occurring ...

what does it mean?

this can help to sort this out?

thanks

PS: when I'm out of home, then my device is connected to a different network of the camera, the system gets me out every 5 minutes even if I'm connected with the owner account.... why?!??!?

Options
2023-06-02 09:17:35

@alemadama 

Hi,
When you watch the camera remotely, the camera live stream needs to be uploaded to the TP-Link Cloud server first and your phone then downloads and plays it. Upon this point, continuous live streaming strains your network bandwidth, and it might cause data allowance overages, which is also inconsistent with the advocacy of energy conservation, so there will be a time limitation for the live streaming and you will be prompted to continue the viewing. This phenomenon may also happen when you watch the camera locally, which is related to the actual network environment, the number of view camera devices, etc.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

You can try to view the camera via RTSP stream, and then you won't see the "YES/CONTINUE" notice every five minutes.
How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 8

Related Articles