Can only view cameras locally.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-03 08:00:33
Tags: #Live View #local error
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

For a while now I have had a Tapo C200 camera, I have enjoyed it alot and have used it alot but the only problem is that you can only view it locally.

I have tried Googling it, but with no results. I made a forum post here and they said to change the routers DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Nothing made a difference and I have no idea what can, I would be very grateful if someone were to help me.

leo
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can only view cameras locally.
2023-06-05 12:11:02

@Leo0 

Hi,
Please check if your router has a firewall, and if yes, turn it off for a try. You can also turn off the settings such as access control, parental control, or MAC filtering on your router for a check.
If you have not tried to reset the camera and reconfigure it, please have a try.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please send me the MAC address of the Tapo C200 via private message.
2. What's the model number of your router?
3. Please describe your network diagram in detail. For example, internet--wireless router)))Tapo C200, etc.
4. Please try to reset the C200 and reconfigure it to connect to another Wi-Fi network, such as a hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, and then check if it can be controlled remotely after setup.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 1

Tags

Live View
local error
Related Articles