Deco M9 Plus HUE Lights bulbs lose connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-19 12:34:05
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

Since i changed back to my old provider (the new one was a nightmare), i cannot get my HUE lights to work properly again.

My Setup:

Ziggo Modem in Bridge Modus cabled to Main Deco

Other port in Main deco goes to an unmanaged switch that connects via cable to second deco and on the other ports goes to other switch that connects tv, xbox etc.

The Hue bridge is also conected to the first switch that is connected to the main deco.

Light bulbs throughout the house keep losing connection all the time. Managed to get them all working but then within 15 minutes nearly all lose connection again.

Tried a lot of things:

new bridge

place bridge in different spot

switch off beam forming, mesh, fast routing - no change

Running in Acces Point mode, router mode not working

checked cables etc

all firmware up to date, lights up to date, bridge up to date, apps updated

Anyone, please help. Can't operate lights at the moment. Nightmare.

thank you.

RJBA

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus HUE Lights bulbs lose connection
2023-06-20 03:51:57

@RJBA 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I noticed the Hue Bridge is wired to the switch, then to the Deco, the fast roaming/beamforming/Mesh are mainly wireless-related and they might not help.

Since the Hue bulbs are connected to Bridge via Bluetooth or Zigbee/Matter, I think the wireless settings on Deco would not be a problem. Have you ever checked with Hue support to see whether they had any clue about the unstable issue between bulbs and the Bridge?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus HUE Lights bulbs lose connection
2023-06-20 11:01:12
Thank you for your suggestion; I have not been in touch with them yet as I wanted to rule out any issues with my Wifi Network itself and with the Decos. I did follow however all their support suggestions ie, reinstall bridge, reset light bulbs, reset bridge to factory settings, tried a new bridge, repositioned the bridge, updated all firmwares (lights and bridge), checked all lightswitches. Changed Zigbee Channels, cleared the app, cleaned up the app. I do not have the max number of light bulbs on the bridge, nor any other zigbee items that could cause interference between the bulbs. None of these things resolved the issues and as the bulbs lose their connection to the bridge all the time, it seemed logical the issue is actually with the network (and that could be the main wifi network or the interbulb/ bridge network)....
Options