Tapo C420

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C420

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo C420
Tapo C420
2023-06-30 19:44:42
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.7

Purchased C420S cameras a week ago and just trying to understand the setting better.

What is the difference between wake up sensitivity & motion sensitivity.

The camera monitoring the back door was not picking up movement around the door. Which setting do I need to increase,-wake up or motion.

Also I have set the recording and alerts for 20:00hrs to 08:00hrs-so hub recordings are paused during the day but cloud recordings still occur. Is there an option to set cloud recording times?-Only work around I can see is to turn off motion sensing.

I have the two cameras at the rear of my property. I needed to move the Hub closer to the cameras at the rear of my property as one camera was dropping out. What happens if I decide to use a couple of new cameras to the side and front of the property-will I need a second hub if I have similar problems with the camera at the front of the property?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C420
2023-07-03 11:14:37 - last edited 2023-07-03 11:21:31

@IthoughtInewit 

Hi,
About your questions:
1) The higher Wake-up sensitivity results in longer detection distance, easier wake-up, and more recordings, which will reduce battery life. The higher motion sensitivity results in fewer missed recordings and notifications. If you want the camera to monitor the back door and pick up movement around the door as much as possible, it's suggested to set both the Wake-up sensitivity and motion sensitivity higher.

2) Currently, it's unable to set the cloud recording schedule, and you can turn off the Motion Detection and AI Detection if you do not want the videos saved on the cloud server.

3) If the camera drops connection because of environment interference or distance between the hub and the camera, you may need more hubs after adding more cameras. And please note that each hub can add up to 4 Tapo cameras.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-04 17:38:57

Solla-topee wrote

@IthoughtInewit 

Hi,
About your questions:
1) The higher Wake-up sensitivity results in longer detection distance, easier wake-up, and more recordings, which will reduce battery life. The higher motion sensitivity results in fewer missed recordings and notifications. If you want the camera to monitor the back door and pick up movement around the door as much as possible, it's suggested to set both the Wake-up sensitivity and motion sensitivity higher.

2) Currently, it's unable to set the cloud recording schedule, and you can turn off the Motion Detection and AI Detection if you do not want the videos saved on the cloud server.

3) If the camera drops connection because of environment interference or distance between the hub and the camera, you may need more hubs after adding more cameras. And please note that each hub can add up to 4 Tapo cameras.

Best Regards

Thanks @Solla-topee for your reply.

1) Looks as if the camera monitoring the back door may be at the limit of its detection range, I have set wake up and motion sensitivity to 10, but still it appears not to be catching all activity around the back door.

I have set each of the two cameras on the outer rear corners of my property both looking inwards so hopefully between the two of them they will catch any unwanted intrusions.

Again thanks

Options
2023-07-05 10:54:58

@IthoughtInewit 

Hi, 
You can try to adjust the distance between the camera and the monitored area if possible, make the camera close to the area, and also adjust the monitor angle of the camera, and check if it will help monitor more activities.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 3

Related Articles